Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

And we wonder why we get mixed signals......

Silverbackbob

I'm charging my camera battery as we speak so I can add a pic of an old knife I dug this weekend. Thanks to Digger, I put the 6 inch DD HF coil on my xterra 70 and hit the last house site that's on a construction site for a new CVS pharmacy. Junk city, multiple hits in every sweep...mostly iron, but lots of other types of junk as well. I only dug one good coin from here(35 Merc), several Zinc cents, and some other mixed keepers like an oil lamp wick turner(??), Hot wheels, buttons, and a nice older what looks to be a butter knife. The blade is all rusty and about 3-4 inches long. The handle is really ornate and a cool shape too. It has started to split along the sides and some rust is showing at those sites from where the blade hilt was encased in the handle. After I cleaned it off I can read the word Sterling on the handle. That means the handle is 90%+ silver, right??
It rang in at a weird mixed number. -6 up to into the 20's depending on which direction I swept the coil. I was in bare gooey muddy dirt with a tile spade...and getting desperate to find something nice, so I dug it. Ya just never know. I'll try to get a pic up ASAP. This construction site is done they are filling it back in and packing it down this week. It gave up a 1961 Franklin half, 35 merc, a bunch of wheaties and lots of whatzits. Lots of other guys hit it as well but I never saw them at it, just the dig marks. It was fun while it lasted. HH. Bob.

A big congrat's on the Benny and the Merc

I just love hitting places like that and when I do I dig everything that beeps.

If you are using Windows the you should be able to do that in Paint. Here are some instructions for Paint in Windows 7 but the actual version of windows may not be a big deal. Just make sure that the files size is 420KB or less.

Resizing in Windows

Once I upload pictures I right click on picture and then click on paint. You can resize it from there. Hope this helps.