Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Andy & Vance Videos?

beau61

Gary from U.K. has some good videos out on the Deus. This is what I was hoping Andy and Vance would have done,even before "Boot Camp " came about. Wouldn't mind seeing a "BootCamp" video now that there is a BootCamp.Like I said before not all Deus users will get to attend these events,shareing knowledge is what its all about isn't it?

BHMACK said:
Don't know what thats supposed to mean? I'm just asking for what everyone wants,and that is to learn as much as one can.Not everyone can attend camp live.This is a positive discussion,please don't make it into something else
:starwars:

........and, go!

The Gary`s videos are brilliant there are 10 parts and far better to watch and learn than using the idiots guide for some folks.:thumbup: Jerry.

If it weren't for problems with copying/infringement rights, I could see where boot camp video would work. Like sell it.

Personally, I get more from watching and listening to a video than I do from reading, but that's just me. It'd be nice to see some state side instruction videos rather than all UK guys, not knocking em, but, they do a way different kind of hunting than I do. I'm still learning from them regardless.

Sleepyjim said:
This topic has been covered before..............
No this hasn't been covered before. Gary from U.K. put out instructional videos on the Deus which are very good.Would be nice to see something made on this side of the pond by our experts.I have a feeling the only reason we haven't seen a video here is because of the $. I guess its not enough that we buy the detectors,coils,accesories,books,more coils and more accesories,batteries.guess we also have to pay for a few tips.Thank goodness for Gary from the U.K.

beau61 said:
Sleepyjim said:
No this hasn't been covered before. Gary from U.K. put out instructional videos on the Deus which are very good.Would be nice to see something made on this side of the pond by our experts.I have a feeling the only reason we haven't seen a video here is because of the $. I guess its not enough that we buy the detectors,coils,accesories,books,more coils and more accesories,batteries.guess we also have to pay for a few tips.Thank goodness for Gary from the U.K.

Um this has been covered already.........Do a search.
As for paying for a few tips, there are plenty free ones around, in fact this board is one of the most helpful I have seen, so other than you having a hard on about the bootcamps, which so far I have not heard person say it was not worth going, IDK know what your talking about.....

Jim

Sleepyjim said:
beau61 said:
Sleepyjim said:
Never said the Bootcamp wasn't worth going to,SAID not all of us can attend live because of distance or finances,whatever the reason,SO for the MANY that cannot attend,it would be nice to see a video,LIKE GARYS video.TOO much too ask?

Um this has been covered already.........Do a search.
As for paying for a few tips, there are plenty free ones around, in fact this board is one of the most helpful I have seen, so other than you having a hard on about the bootcamps, which so far I have not heard person say it was not worth going, IDK know what your talking about.....

Jim

n/t

Forget the big pond that sits between us.

This hobby is all about information, further learning and understanding.

The 10 video clips are free just enjoy them as such from the old mother country.

Happy Hunting Guys,

Jerry the Octogenarian.:thumbup:

beau61 said:
Don't know what thats supposed to mean? I'm just asking for what everyone wants......

Thanks for asking. My 'Star Wars' response meant that this request of yours hits on the age-old disconnect between the more codependent set and those folks who's talents tend more to the comprehension and mastery of a given subject, and the uneasy relationship between the two groups. Kind of the war between 'Givers' and 'Wanters', in effect. No offense, but how someone from the latter group chooses to disseminate their knowledge to the first group is a personal choice and an inherent right. So, if you really don't know 'what that's supposed to mean', here you go. Don't ask for something, then complain about the manner in which it's given. It's unbecoming, and honestly tiring for the rest of us. And you'll probably end up in a light saber fight. A nice free tip.

beau61 said:
Never said the Bootcamp wasn't worth going to, SAID not all of us can attend live because of distance or finances, whatever the reason, SO for the MANY that cannot attend, it would be nice to see a video, LIKE GARYS video.TOO much too ask?

Since you are asking for something that belongs to someone else, and since that somebody has already publically answered the request you're making and explained why they feel the way they do. Yes. Yes it is too much to ask.'

I can assure you there's no magic beanstalk beans being passed out at these paid Deus outings. You'll get some advise and help in comprehending the importance of understanding settings as opposed to just being given a 'Best Coin 8k' set of numbers to enter into your Deus. Maybe even a smidge more. You'd have some great fellowship with likeminded folks, and be able to set at the feet of a few gurus of our hobby who'll give you a bit of guidance to shorten the learning curve. That's it.

I consider myself barely above average intelligence but I know there's very little if anything I can be taught in a day that I can't learn by research and field tests over the course of a few weeks of trial an error. Not to say that the day at the Deus outing wouldn't be fun, and enlightening, it would, but I can't imagine not being able or willing to go would be anything to publically 'carry on' about.....

Sorry if that was a bit much for a member with 70 posts but Jesus.....

I hunted with Vance who needs a video everything out of his mouth is info on the deus we should just put a mike on him?

JBM1 said:
Gary`s videos are brilliant there are 10 parts and far better to watch and learn than using the idiots guide for some folks.:thumbup: Jerry.

I agree. I love his videos and learned a lot. But as you can't master a detector a with a book or video, on a forum, or at a 'Boot Camp', you've got to get out there and put in the hours. That's where true learning comes from.

BHMACK said:
beau61 said:
Don't know what thats supposed to mean? I'm just asking for what everyone wants......

Thanks for asking. My 'Star Wars' response meant that this request of yours hits on the age-old disconnect between the more codependent set and those folks who's talents tend more to the comprehension and mastery of a given subject, and the uneasy relationship between the two groups. Kind of the war between 'Givers' and 'Wanters', in effect. No offense, but how someone from the latter group chooses to disseminate their knowledge to the first group is a personal choice and an inherent right. So, if you really don't know 'what that's supposed to mean', here you go. Don't ask for something, then complain about the manner in which it's given. It's unbecoming, and honestly tiring for the rest of us. And you'll probably end up in a light saber fight. A nice free tip.

beau61 said:
Never said the Bootcamp wasn't worth going to, SAID not all of us can attend live because of distance or finances, whatever the reason, SO for the MANY that cannot attend, it would be nice to see a video, LIKE GARYS video.TOO much too ask?

Since you are asking for something that belongs to someone else, and since that somebody has already publically answered the request you're making and explained why they feel the way they do. Yes. Yes it is too much to ask.'

I can assure you there's no magic beanstalk beans being passed out at these paid Deus outings. You'll get some advise and help in comprehending the importance of understanding settings as opposed to just being given a 'Best Coin 8k' set of numbers to enter into your Deus. Maybe even a smidge more. You'd have some great fellowship with likeminded folks, and be able to set at the feet of a few gurus of our hobby who'll give you a bit of guidance to shorten the learning curve. That's it.

I consider myself barely above average intelligence but I know there's very little if anything I can be taught in a day that I can't learn by research and field tests over the course of a few weeks of trial an error. Not to say that the day at the Deus outing wouldn't be fun, and enlightening, it would, but I can't imagine not being able or willing to go would be anything to publically 'carry on' about.....

Sorry if that was a bit much for a member with 70 posts but Jesus.....
I guess some people just like the sound of their own voices.Thats good you have your opinions,everyone should have one.No need to try to put someone down because they have different ideas. While your out there learning the Deus,try learning the idea of freedom of speech

I guess some people just like the sound of their own voices.Thats good you have your opinions,everyone should have one.No need to try to put someone down because they have different ideas. While your out there learning the Deus,try learning the idea of freedom of speech

I think we both just exercised that right.....

It was nice.

beau you got issues, NOBODY put you down, all I did was point out the fact that this topic was covered, sorry you feel threatened by that......

Never tried to stifle your freedom of speech, I think your a bit over reactive. I really do not care if you want this thread to continue or not, I was merely directing you to the answers you were seeking and as a combat veteran I am all for freedoms of all sorts. Take a breath and relax.....

Now for the snarky part, yes I am out learning the Deus and think I will for as long as I own it, the Deus just keeps getting better and better....Maybe you should try to learn the Deus more? Maybe your an expert, IDK.... As I said before, this group of owners on here are the best, they willingly share their learning and tips, great bunch of guys! all you need to do is ask and they help.....Gary has posted a set of videos that are great, and they apply to ANY location, can learn a ton from them.

I am finished with this so have a good one......

Jim
Still learning even after finding my gold coin!

Just watched Gary's series of videos on the XP Deus site and they were very insightful - particularly for me.....I am new to the Deus. Thanks Gary!