Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Andy's book and the Emulator...wow!

Pyledriver

Well I haven't been out to test my newfound knowledge yet, but the emulator program sure is nice to shorten the learning curve! I'm also enjoying Andy's book and look forward to trying some of the various tips he gives. Just waiting to get time... Next week I go prospecting for a week with my PI. As soon as I get back though, it's SE time!

What is a emulator and what does it do?

It's a computer program that has the detector face that you can change settings, make programs and even see how the Explorer will respond to targets. Just google Explorer emulator and you'll find it. It is just like using your detector and testing targets to see values, what happens when you select or deselect targets, etc. It's mainly a way to play with the detector without getting things so screwed up you have to do a factory reset.

It's given that his book has been around awhile,and it's also given that the Internet exists. Nothing stays secret forever,not even stealth technology. Is there really that much in the book that's not on the forums? I'm not expecting a complete rundown,but maybe just one thing you've learned that you think is paramount?

Well I'm not through it all yet, nor am I through with the internet! Haha.. But one thing I would say is that he discusses why sometimes peoples 'pet' programs don't work well for others. Basically put, if you know your machine and learn it's response to various conditions, you'll know what works and why. It's simple yes, but helpful to learn and understand what the detector is capable of. Since I just got the machine I wanted to shorten the learning curve as fast as I could.

Thanks Pyledriver,sounds like interesting stuff. Books and forums are why I am not in the stone ages with my machines,lots of help and great people with much needed knowledge out there. Go to the Explorer Classroom Forum further down if you haven't and go back about 40 pages....a guy named Cody,another named Captain Kirk(Glenn),ChrisSoWi,Charlesny,Mike O,Mike Moutray and others talk about stuff that will have you reading INTENTLY for days. If you REALLY want to go on a trip go back over 100 pages to the beginning of the Explorer Classroom,that will get you through this winter...As soon as you've had a chance to use your machine for many many hours,go BACK and read the whole Classroom Forum again! This is THE place to root out all the stuff that's not necessarily "common knowledge".
Good luck,you will have LOTS of fun with your machine!

Kevin

Awesome, thanks! I will do that. What I can say is that I 'clicked' with the Explorer right away and was very impressed at the depth and stability. I'm excited to get it out first chance after getting back from a prospecting trip!

I have an SE Pro which I just about stopped using as I could not get used to it.
I then heard about Andy's book which I read from cover to cover a few times which gave me more confidence with the machine.
On our local beaches there is a lot of scrap metal which the SE ignores and will pick up a coin next to it if swept slowly enough.