Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio and it’s nuances

thump7

Two tone has become my favourite search mode for most all detecting styles with this machine. It has very nice modulation where I can hear target depth as long as the sensitivity isn’t cranked way up and the analog circuitry that I thought was a long gone thing of the past for vlf machines, shows up here in the two tone mode. With some practice I have been learning to listen to the sound of audio feed back nuances for different target dig/ no dig indicatives. As far as I can tell, this is the only mode that does this on the Anfibio.
Does anyone else notice this?
Is there other nuances about this machine you’ve noticed?
Please share here, I want to hear it.

Do you have the single frequency Anfibio or the Multi?

That's interesting. I have hardly used the two tone mode at all, but I will have to check it out a little closer. I have recently become more interested in the three tone mode.
I have thought all along that I lost so much depth in three tone, but have discovered that with the gain/sensitivity turned up to 95-99, I am still getting really good depth. The Anfibio is much more stable in three tone with the gain at 99, than in the other modes with the gain at 99. Last year, I hunted in four tone most of the time, but could never set my gain at 99, as it was just too unstable and picked up lots of EMI. 85-90 was the highest I could go, and many times I could not go higher than 70. There is no doubt that depth is sacrificed if you run three tone with a gain of 89 or less, but with the gain cranked up, you get the stability that the three tone mode provides plus great depth. Note, I have been testing this setting using a 7" concentric coil. It may be different using the stock 11" coil.

Hey, thanks for adding to this Digger, that’s some good insight there, I’ll have to give that a try when it warms up.