Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio Multi,how would you rate it as a Deep Silver Machine

RICK IN KY

Currently using a Etrac,I mostly Hunt Colonial house sites.
Been metal detecting 36 years,Thanks for your input.

Kind of curious myself! Also, how well does it handle emi? Been swinging a F 75 since they first came out. Like Rick, been doing this a long time. HH jim tn

I have been metal detecting a long time. I got a Minelab Explorer XS back in 2000, and have found hundreds of old coins with it, probably thousands.
However, it had gotten to the point where I could no longer find old coins at the parks I had hunted for years. I could spend an entire day detecting, and not find a single old coin.
So, this year I decided to buy an Anfibio Multi and see if I might be able to find some more old coins in my hunted out parks.
I have not been able to detect very much, but I have been able to find some deeper coins that my Explorer could not pickup.
What's interesting to me, is that the coins I'm finding are deeper and thus usually older. The average date on the wheat and Indian cents I've found is 1920.31.
The average date on the silver dimes I've found is 1918.71. I get a thrill out of being able to go to my previously hunted out areas and pull out these oldies my Explorer missed.
I'm certainly enjoying my Anfibio, and am looking forward to spending more time detecting this fall.

I've had good luck with the Multi Kruzer. Hunted some spots my hunting buddy and I have pounded for years, he doesn't even want to go there any more because it's pretty pounded, but I managed to dig a 10"+ deep two reale there over a patch that his Explrer2, my F75 LTD1 and LTD2 have covered, as well as a bunch of other detectors. Actually the past few times I detected there with the Multi Kruzer were great hunts, found tons of stuff the other detectors didn't get.

As for EMI, in 4-tone it's sparky, it's the mode I enjoy for relic hunting as I feel it provides better audio intel and it's deep, but if I get into an area where the EMI is interfering with the detector, simply switching to the 3-tone mode settles it down. You loose a bit of depth, but the 3-tone mode if the sensitivity is set to 89 or lower was designed to hunt heavy iron/trashy area with an ultra fast recovery speed.

I too used the F75/LTD1/LTD2 for over ten years, and it's a good detector, but in my mineralized soil, I found that the Makro/Nokta machines would outperform it. I know some others, like Jim TN have had different results, so YMMV.

Disclaimer - I'm mainly a relic hunter, don't do too much park coin shooting any more, but my hunting buddy with his Explorer2 always likes to hit old parks when were traveling around to see what he can find, and do comparisons with whatever machine I'm using, and to be honest, when we tried the MMK at a trashy park, I was struggling, but I don't think it's the machine more so the fact that I've been out of park hunting and into relic hunting more for the past ten years, and it's just a totally different kind of detecting.

For hunting Colonial home sites, I think the Multi Kruzer or Anfibio would kill it!

I mainly hunt for Civil War stuff. Last outing it picked up a target I know that was at least 15"...a good , repeatable signal. Turned out to be a rosette, silver dollar size. So I can say the Anfibio is a deep seeker whether it be silver or otherwise.

5 kHz and 4-tone goes super deep on our Aussie pre-decimal silvers.

When I decide to purchase the Anfibio ,I will try
Them settings,in the past I have used detectors that
Run on 5 kHz and was always a good freq. to run
for silver coinage.Thanks for that information

Hey Jim,me you have seen a lot detectors come and
go because we been detecting so long,but this Anfibio
Got me alittle curious also,They say it goes really deep
but we will see how the emi affects it.
Thx

Your in Virginia if I'm not mistaken,I have
Hunted in Virginia a couple of times in
That Red Clay dirt,tough stuff,if that
Anfibio will work there it will work anywhere.
Congrats on the super finds,Thanks for
The information.

Hey digger,sounds like you have done pretty good
With the Minelab,I have also found a lot of
Good stuff with my Etrac,mostly silver coins.
This Anfibio is a very interesting detector ,keep
Us updated how it performs in the field,thanks for your
Input.

Thanks Cal for that info,I thought about maybe going
With the Kruzer,I beleive the Anfibio would suit me
Better.'I only hunt Colonial sites now,once you get
a taste of finding Bust,Seated ,Spanish Silver its
Hard to go back hunting Say Mercury dimes.LOL
Thanks for your input.take care

I've hunted near the Wilderness Battlefield with it and it handled the red dirt up there ok. Down here in Hanover and areas close by it's good to go.

RICK IN KY said:
[size=medium]Currently using a Etrac,I mostly Hunt Colonial house sites.
Been metal detecting 36 years,Thanks for your input.
[/size]

Response by "MONTE in Eastern OR said:
[size=medium]Used to use Explorer II's and SE Pro. Currently using Nokta / Makro Anfibio Multi, FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2, T2+, F-44, modified IDX Pro, XLT, Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX. I mostly hunt Ghost Towns, Homesteads, and other old-use sites in the Western US.
Been metal detecting 54½ years..Hope to be of some help.
[/size]

I've used the Anfibio Multi w/round 11" DD stock coil in a few sites where friends & I have hunted with FBS units. Of all the models I use and have compared in recent years, my FORS CoRe was the deepest ... but today, it's been edged out by the Anfibio Multi w/stock coil on smaller-size targets such as coins, trade tokens and rings. Most of the sites I hunt are densely littered and the winning set-ups are my CoRe or Relic with smallest coils. Coming in second to them are my Racer 2, Bandido II µMAX, T2+ and modified IDX Pro in no particular order in trashier environments.

But in more open and relatively clean environments, where potential depth on smaller-size targets can be beneficial, the 'edge' goes to the Anfibio Multi.

Monte

Monte,first off that is great you have been able
To metal detect for that many years .I would love to see
all your great finds and all the fond memories and story's
You have.Well I hunt mostly colonial sites and most
are not to trashy,but I do deal with small iron and nails.
I'm looking to purchase a Anfibio to hunt these kind of
Sites.I do a lot of research on these type of sites and
when I hunt,I'm looking for the oldest silver coins,and I have
dug some pretty deep.The way everbody is saying is
the Anfibio could be the detector of choice for that
Type of hunting,Thanks for input on it,
Appreciate it.
Thx
Rick