Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio Multi or Anfibio 19

Fish N Chips

I am looking to upgrade from my Tenetics T2. I was looking for a used Nokta Relics and saw the Anfibio. My question is which one?

My primary use is old sites, littered with square nails and iron. Some park hunting for old coins (parks are not my favorite due to modern trash) and occasionally on the beach, mainly dry sand. I may be relocating to the Oregon coast in a few years so a waterproof detector would be nice and would open up hunting in the rain or small creeks, although most my time is spent in the high desert or local lava cap country.

How useful is the multiple frequencies? Most my time would likely be spent in the 19/20 kHz.

The 19's iron volume would be really nice, but I read the same can be accomplished with notch volume on the Multi? I hate digging modern trash on a long hunt, so the Multi's notch ability could be nice to reduce frustration on longer days.

Beach mode would be nice, but likely the 19 can be manually ground balanced to the beach. My T2 does fine on the beach ground balanced to around 11-20.

Its a tough decision. I like the money savings for the 19 and its relic abilities, but the Multi offers a lot as well.

Thanks

I was going to go for the Anfibio 14 myself since it's the frequency I generally hunt except for the beach. If the difference in price would be greater, I'd probably get the single freq but the premium for getting the multi will pay for itself when/if you decide to resell it one day. The multi frequency models seem to be a lot more popular and would be easier to sell. Just a thought.

Multi has a iron vol too and tone volume sectors. Multi all the way IMO.

I just ordered the Multi, 5" DD and 7" concentric coils. I also got the battery pack and headphone adapter as I am off grid so much. I can't wait!

Fish N Chips said:
I just ordered the Multi, 5" DD and 7" concentric coils. I also got the battery pack and headphone adapter as I am off grid so much. I can't wait!

:thumbup:

Glad you chose the multi, even if you don't need the features today, you may tomorrow....