Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio Multi Ordered - I am joining the deep club!:clapping:

Sweeping-4-junk

I will be a member of the "Deep Club" in around a week or so when she arrives.. Hopefully i will like her.. I think i will after seeing the video's of the machine performing great especially on silver.
I will be buying the 9 inch concentric for her in a few weeks , a nice size coil for trash...

Im sure you’ll like it!
I’d like to share my experience with the concentric coil and how I’ve learned to use it to maximize the fun when in bottlecap infested areas. I know there’s some really smart, experienced guys on here and to most of them I’m sure this is old news but I’m gonna share it anyway.
On the 9” concentric, bottlecaps will very seldom come in as a solid signal or steady high # anymore. They (and other iron trash) will often come in more jumpy or broken while better targets come in more stable. Pinpointing and bobbing the coil over a suspected caps can eliminate them altogether by putting the # well into the iron trash zone.. if there is still a decent signal left then there is non-ferrous left in the hole. This isn’t fool proof by any means and doesn’t work well past about 6” deep targets but it can quickly give more target info and save a lot of time and work digging crapulance out of a trashy park.

I don't understand why so many people talk about rusty bottle caps. I have the Kruzer and several other machines and almost never did any of them. May be from over 20 years detecting. I do dig a few aluminum caps relic hunting.

kevinnc said:
I don't understand why so many people talk about rusty bottle caps. I have the Kruzer and several other machines and almost never did any of them. May be from over 20 years detecting. I do dig a few aluminum caps relic hunting.

I know right. Bottle caps have never been a problem with me but those aluminum caps will get me every time.

Are you guys detecting trashy areas? Parks?
Bottlecaps make my detecting adventures a living hell some days. The 11” DD coil makes these things sound like a silver quarter. It might just be the caps in my areas, maybe the dirt, who knows, maybe the later machines don’t hit them like the first issue machines?. I do know I’m not the only one with this issue though. I’m glad you guys seem to have found a way around this, all the power to you.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2483053

u2robert said:
kevinnc said:

I know right. Bottle caps have never been a problem with me but those aluminum caps will get me every time.

The last decade or so, and it seems like more and more as time goes by, I hear people who almost always talk about deep. They want better depth. A bigger coil for better depth. Higher sensitivity for more power in more depth. Death, death, Death. It kind of grows old.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the anfibio can definitely provide very decent depth of detection. But you only able to get depth in an area where you're not dealing with a lot of shallower masking targets. Therefore I'm glad you concluded by saying you're getting a different coil to work in trashy areas.

I try to spend most of my time for the last 36 / 37 years Relic hunting primarily very dense iron littered sites. Non-ferrous debris also, but the density of iron trash really calls for a lot of patience and working a smaller coil. But I also do a lot of urban coin hunting where I use Relic hunting type methods of a small search coil, and patiently hunting slowly and methodically because I'll be working renovation work, construction sites, demolition sites, or vacant Lots that have been so for a long time and had some former structure and again a lot of ferrous and non-ferrous metal to deal with.

In the very dense iron contaminated sites the best coil I used on any of the Nokta./ Makro products is 5 in Double D. Otherwise, if a site is low to modestly littered then my favorite coil is the 7 inch concentric. One reason is because it balances very well and that reduces fatigue, another is that because it is a concentric coil you get very good depth for the quail size and you get better discrimination then from a Double D coil. And the third reason is that due to its coil size and coil type, it does a much better job of helping to Aunt handle problem iron such as resting shards of 10, washers, and those blasted man-made bottle caps good

Nothing's perfect camera but using that 7 inch concentric really helped with the very annoying targets. I know some people like the 9-inch, probably due to size, but I didn't care for it. The rod mount is closer to the rear of the quail rather than close to the coil Center and that makes it feel imbalanced and nose heavy, to me, and the coil in hand just feels heavier for its size.

It's more of a midsize coil and 4 places where I want have maybe a little more coverage then my favorite coil is the 5X9 1/2 DD open frame coil.

On my Racer 2 and Impact as well as the Kruzer and Anfibio , the seven in concentric I kept mounted full time for everyday use, the five in at the ready for very dense trash and elliptical Double D for some sites that I liked it for, and without hesitation the excellent 11 inch round Double D for the open areas where I could make use of the extra depth of detection such as wide open parks, fields, beaches Etc.

Just be outfitted with the right coil for the task at hand and site challenges you'll face, and the new detector you're getting is sure to be able to perform well.

Monte

I like concentric coils for 2 main reasons monte. 1 Super accurate Pinpointing means. i can recover buried trash and treasures fast. .2. I can use the ice cream cornet shaped "tip" of the magnetic field that emanates from my search head to pick Coins and Rings out of trash at Max Depth. . Nice rejection or ID for the most part of those nasty bottle pull "crown tops" too!.... I will be keeping Anfibio until the New Top Dog machine comes from Nokta..

Monte said:
The last decade or so, and it seems like more and more as time goes by, I hear people who almost always talk about deep. They want better depth. A bigger coil for better depth. Higher sensitivity for more power in more depth. Death, death, Death. It kind of grows old.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the anfibio can definitely provide very decent depth of detection. But you only able to get depth in an area where you're not dealing with a lot of shallower masking targets. Therefore I'm glad you concluded by saying you're getting a different coil to work in trashy areas.

Monte

I rather enjoy people getting all worked up by their detector depth power. They use bigger coils than they should (because they go even deeper) in moderate to high trash areas and leave a few gems here and there for us to pick up with our tiny coils. :)

For those who say depth is not everything that is true on some sites, for me though depth is everything. Treasures are 2 to 3 foot down here so i need to "punch down to china" if i can :clapping: :laugh:

► Where are you located?

-- and --

► What are you looking for at that depth?

The common or average 'Hobbyist' is looking for smaller-size coin and jewelry objects, and quite often they are searching well groomed grassy sites, and also in typical urban environments with a lot of shallower trash to deal with. Smaller-size search coils are going to prevail in importance and end performance.

Are larger coils out-of-the-question? For dense brush, building rubble, high trash content and an abundance of ferrous debris .... yes, they are.

Is there a place for a bigger-size 'standard' coil or even a larger-size coil .....yes, and I've used them on occasion over many years, but for specific applications and when 'depth' is achievable because there isn't a lot of shallower masking trash. I have an 'oversize' DD for my Nokta CoRe in my Accessory Coil Tote on a lower rod and ready-to-use .... when the right time comes along. The largest 'standard' coil on all of my detectors today is the stock 11" DD on my Simplex[sup]+[/sup], but that's because they don't have smaller-size coils available yet.

I didn't say 'Depth is unreal, or meaningless or unachievable, just that it is not everything for most sites that the majority of casual Hobbyists or even Avid Detectorists, simply because most sites are way too cluttered for them to be useful.

Monte

I will be a member of the "Deep Club" in around a week or so when she arrives.. Hopefully i will like her.. I think i will after seeing the video's of the machine performing great especially on silver.
I will be buying the 9 inch concentric for her in a few weeks , a nice size coil for trash...
I'll bet that 9" will be great. I've seen some reviews complaining about the position of the mount on the 9", saying that the ring is too close to the edge of the coil and causes some imbalance while swinging, Most said the difference between the 7" and 9" target recovery is negligible. I haven't been able to find out yet but I believe my next coil will be a 7". I have a 5" X 9 1/2" DD that I really like. It's a great mid-sized coil but I'm ready to try a concentric. Happy Hunting!

A lot of farms I hunt have sandy soil and I find many targets at the max depth my machines can go, so I know there are many targets too deep to hit. My Multi Kruzer with the AF28 coil is the deepest machine I have. and I have many. The 9 inch concentric coil I have, lost several inches of depth compared to the big DD coils.

Last edited:
I would welcome some sandy soil. In Mississippi, most is clay and mud so it's sticky and moist, very corrosive to long term coinage. I've found some post-2000 penny's that were unrecognizable as coins. Love my "FIBBER". Yes, sometimes she lies, but it's all good. Sometimes lies are defined by the receiver not the transmitter, ha, this is a great machine. She goes down deep, gotta love her. Using the Anfibio is a learning experience. I've had mine a few days and I've learned more about MD's than ever. If you want a "point-n-shoot" metal detector, get a Simplex+, also a very good, inexpensive, and accurate MD. But, if you want to truly understand metal detecting, get an ANFIBIO!