Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio Notch Volume

Sataro

I currently use the Multi Kruzer. Been reading info on the Anfibio...
With the notch volume, can you turn the sound off on unwanted sounds. Basically what I’m curious is instead of setting up a notch program for coin hunting, could I turn off the sound for items I wanted “notched” out?

juit said:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2473389

We are trying to bring that to the kruzer, imo it would be very cool

Thanks for the info!

My question pertains to the Anfibio though. Been studying on the benefits it may offer over my Kruzer. My Kruzer works great & really satisfied with its performance. But I would be interested in the Anfibio if it’s notch volume works like my question above.

Ex: While hunting in a trashy lot with my Kruzer, I used 4 tone with a coin notch program. The sound was tiring after a while. You constantly heard the machine crackling & popping while it notched out unwanted items. Eventually I went back to 3 tone & it sounded so quiet. My question on the Anfibio is could I do the same scenario but instead of notching out unwanted items, could I just notch out the sound alone. That way the machine would not be trying to notch out all unwanted items, and I would not hear unwanted items. Hope this makes sense...

Hello Sataro!

I AM GLAD YOU WROTE ABOUT THIS TOPIC AS I WANTED TO PRESENT A WAY TO RUN "FULL, OPEN SCREEN WITHOUT CUTTING BACK YOUR POWER BY USING DISCRIMINATION!!! Excellent timing Sataro! Thank you.

Absolutely! Just as you say...I think you might be getting a bit confused due to the "terminology." Generally speaking when using the word "Notch," you are referring to removing a certain VDI number or set of numbers to remove an object that is objectionable, such as too many bottle caps in this particular search area. So you may decide to "notch out" the exact number you see for those bottle caps (generally by testing one laying on the surface, but a buried one even more accurate numbers) or even an extra digit on each side of the exact best number to really quiet it down and not have "ghosting"...as you were referring to, with the remnants of the signal blocked but still audible in a small way. In other words...if X is the bottle cap ID, you may "notch out" XXX with one digit extra on -each side- of the exact or best number for the bottle cap. And a nice feature of the Anfibio Multi is you can also notch out different numbers/targets, not just one... say bottle caps & flip tops. But beware...lots of good targets can slip through the cracks when "notching out"...especially gold which can fall in a wide range of numbers, generally due to size! So use "notching" with care.

Now what you are really referring to (if I understand you correctly) is TONE VOLUME. Tone volume is an outstanding feature and a sure sign of a Pro High Performance Machine. I will make a general statement now to apply to all. I think you will find your answer in this, if not write me for more explanation.

So we know the ferrous VDI on the Anfibio Multi is 0-15. Here is my --sweet idea-- that is working extremely well for me!!! INSTEAD OF USING DISCRIMINATION AND LOSING POWER...ANY DETECTORIST WORTH IS BEACH SALT KNOWS DISCRIM IS TO USED AGAIN WITH CAUTION! NOW YOU NO LONGER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT!

THERE ARE FIVE 5 PRE-DEFINED ZONES ON THE ANFIBIO MULTI. YOU DO YOUR SETTINGS AND STOP ON "TONE V." THEY ARE SHOWN AS Z1 THROUGH Z5 ON THE METER. SO FIVE ZONES CAN BE ADJUSTED...AND VERY SIMPLY TO UNDERSTAND! ...Keep the TONE VOLUME OF Z1 SET DOWN TO THE LOWEST 1. This I like...to have just a slight background sound emanating from the ferrous iron. Understanding always about what you are dealing with under the coil. Did the field suddenly get full of iron/ferrous targets? Maybe you were just lucky enough to find an unknown homesite! Maybe with all the iron...it is time to take a brief rest and switch over coils the "Iron Buster" Coil (9" Concentric) WoW...what a difference...it eats iron for lunch!!! You DO have one of those? And at 9" width. .you still get plenty of depth and power. I did a confirmed target dig on a steel, rusty block about 5" square, at 26" deep with the 9" IRON BUSTER

So you have 6 choices.... segments to pick from.. V!, V2, V3, V4,V5,V6. You start with the most important one, the V1...the discriminated iron/ferrous. Full volume is 5, so I LIKE TO SET THIS ONE ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 1. NOW I CAN LEAVE ALL THE DISCRIM TURNED OFF! V2 I set down 1 to 4, V3 down 1 to 4, V4 down 1 to 4, and finally V5, down 0, STAYING FULL STRENGTH VOLUME FOR THE BEST TARGETS.. I did not see a spot for a number V6. But what we have done is turn all the iron off except for a slight bit of background sound so we went from 5 down to only 1. And to keep everything symmetrical... I then lowered the TONE VOLUME DOWN TO 4 ON THE 2ND ONE., THEN 3, THEN 2, THEN, 1, THEN 0.

THE LAYOUT AND PROCEDURE IS REALLY QUITE STRAIGHT FORWARD. SO NOW YOU CAN HAVE all your segments at a volume of importance that you readily notice and accept. As you hit targets in the top brackets with high DVIs..you will in turn hear clean, louds volumes to alert you of a good target. Trust me...you will immediately say to yourself "Oh WoW...is this great...only the good targets with the high VDI numbers get the loud volume. Much easier to RELAX and FOCUS.

AND NOT TO CONFUSE YOU...BUT WE ALSO HAVE AVAILABLE IN THE ANFIBIO MULTI A COUPLE OTHER IMPORTANT SETTINGS AT YOUR OPTION. WHERE THE GROUPS OF TARGETS "BREAK" AT TO THE NEXT HIGHER GROUP. AND THE ACTUAL TONE (NOT TONE VOLUME) BUT THE ACTUAL TONE OF THAT BAND...AGAIN THE V1, V2, V3, ETC., SET TO A PLEASANT OR A SNAPPY SHARP TONE TO WARN YOU TO SHARPEN UP...GOOD TARGET UNDER THE OIL!!!

QUESTIONS...AND COMMENTS...PLEASE COMMENT BELOW AND WE WILL GET YOU STRAIGHTENED OUT GUARANTEED. IF I CANNOT GET YOU UNDERSTANDING ALL THIS WITHIN AN HOUR OF ONE ON ONE PHONE STUDY CLASS IN FRONT OF YOUR MACHINE...I WILL PAY YOU ___DOUBLE___ OUR FLIP TOPS BACK. NOW THAT IS FAIR DEALING. BUT PLEASE READ YOUR LITTLE MANUAL FIRST AND THEN AGAIN. I READ THE OPERATIONS BOOK PUBLISHED ON THE EQUINOX 800 FOUR TIMES COVER TO COVER, B4 GIVING UP!!!

Best of Luck Sataro! Any questions I'm here to help. :)

Thanks Jack. This was exactly the info I wanted to know. One of the features that I like is running my Kruzer with very little discrimination or notched out segments. The tone volume is what I wanted to know about. I currently do not own an anfibio but wanted this question answered before I went ahead & purchased one. Will be purchasing an anfibio soon. Thanks again...

My pleasure...I’m sure you will LOVE your Anfibio Multi. But please be sure it is a MULTI model, and NOT a “14” or “19”. There are more settings and features lost than just the SSF (single selectable frequency)....having 3 selectable frequencies. I would suggest up front you find an online version of the operators manual. Read it closely to see what I mean about “xx is not available on the 19”, etc. I’m sure all three are fine machines, but why lose features for only a hundred dollar difference? Check with Richard at Backwoods Metal Detectors. He is very knowledgeable on these, I bought mine from him, with a very good deal to boot. Richard is a great old guy that I go detecting with, who has been detecting a half century! Honest as the day is long. He also is building his own brand new website which is quite impressive! Good Luck!

Thanks again for the info Jack! Finally had time to sit down & study this info in front of my Anfibio. After reading the above info & playing with the settings, I'm assuming you are setting up the 5 tone hunt mode. If I understand it correctly, each search mode will vary with the zones displayed.

This is my shortened version - On the Anfibio you select the number of tones you want to hunt with. Two, three, four, five, or or 99. If you select the 3, 4, or 5 tone modes you can set the tone breaks anywhere in the VDI scale. You can select the tone pitches you want to hear for each tone bin. So hunting in 5 Tone Mode you will have 5 Tone "Bins". example - you can set nickels to have the same tone as quarters if you want. Each tone "Bin" has it's own volume setting adjustment. The volume can be set between 0 - 5 with 5 being the loudest. If you want, you can set the Iron bin at 0 or 1 so it's quiet, set the Foil/small gold Bin to 3, nickel bin to 5, zincs to 4 and dimes on up to vol. 5. There are hundreds of combinations you can choose. The important thing is that you have the ability to set these tone, tone breaks, and tone volumes anywhere you like.

Thanks Tom for the info. Will be putting it to use...