Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another ‘64 Rosie and old coin bracelet

Larbear2

Got out the other night for a short hour long hunt before dark at an elementary school about a mile away. Was finding some coins out in the large grassy area where the little kiddos run and play. Came across a 75 vdi on the F70 which I assumed was going to be another clad dime since I had already dug several of them already. It was a dime but it was a silver instead of clad. I have found seven silver rosies this year, six of them have been ‘64. The one exception was a ‘52 found a few weeks ago. Seems a little strange but I’ll take ‘em. No merc dimes for the year as of yet.
While searching the bark chips around the playground equipment, I found an old coin bracelet, seven coins. Only one coins is US, a three cent coin that is very thin and worn. I couldn’t find a date, it was probably where one of the holes were punched.
There are two Canadian nickels, one a 1900 which is kind of bent in a taco shape, the other is a 1907.
There is a pence coin coin from 1840, there are two ore coins, one is a 25 ore from 1874 the other is a 10 ore from 1874.
There is a coin with just a 10 on it, not sure where that coin is from, no markings to indicate that, date is 1907. GL & HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
Neat selection of foreign coins!!! Super find!

The coin bracelet is a good find. The variety of coins is nice and the bracelet itself looks like it may be silver. Nice.

The coin bracelet of old coins is a super recovery. Bet it could tell a pretty amazing tale with all the old and different types of coins and countries involved. Good hunt and finds. HH jim tn
Thanks jim tn, yeah if those coins could talk I bet we would hear some interesting stories! It was a fun find and 1840 is my oldest coin find by far.

Sweet find!!!! That bracelet would definitely be an interesting story hhrickinmi

Lots of history and great stories from that bracelet. Those Canadian nickels are often called fish scales because they are so thin. They are hard to find on their own too (smaller than a dime). They were 92.5 silver back then.

Lots of history and great stories from that bracelet. Those Canadian nickels are often called fish scales because they are so thin. They are hard to find on their own too (smaller than a dime). They were 92.5 silver back then.
Thanks dfmike, I have only found one fishscale before the bracelet. Several years ago I was checking a sidewalk tearout and found one and yeah, they are small, but fun to find. GL & HH.