Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another ATX Comparison Video here...

bearkat4160

Go here to the Metal Detecting Board to see it: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1989537,1989537#msg-1989537

Very interesting. A real simple detector to use.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/garrett_atx_introducing_lowres.pdf

John, You are very sharp my friend! That was exacly what they were referring to in that spec sheet!
I just had to show it on video...

Alan

bearkat4160 said:
Go here to the Metal Detecting Board to see it: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1989537,1989537#msg-1989537

Another excellent video BK.
The ATX has ticked a lot of positive boxes and is getting a lot of attention over here. Even some of the ML pros are seeing some advantages of the ATX over the GPXs and in particular the ability of the detector to hit strong on small & large nuggs alike without having to change coils or settings.
A small eliptical DD or Mono would be handy for the hard to get to nooks and crannies.

Great video bearkat4160, thanks for posting it.

Just a heads up here BK with the Minelab owners. They are a "master" of diverting and side tracking people that do these comparisons to move over to their turf ("mono") to make the results look better (which may or may not be the case here).

I think the point may be missed on how Garrett is presenting the ATX package to the public on a DD platform that can pick up small gold right out of the box not a Mono platform which some of the Minelab owners are trying so hard for you to do (on your youtube site).

It's entirely up to you on how you make these "great" video comparisons BK, I just wanted to give you a heads up on what I see transpiring on your you tube site that's all.

Thanks for your hard work BK great job and I hope you continue to make more.

:)

:clapping: good job

Hey Night Crawler, Wow man, I could not have said it any better...that is all I hear "use a mono coil" blah blah...there not getting that the ATX can do this stuff while being a DD coil which helps with hot dirt unlike a mono might struggle a bit.

Thanks man!

Bearkat

Thanks Adrian...that is the key point I'm trying to make, which has ruffled some feathers - ""ability of the detector to hit strong on small & large nuggs alike without having to change coils or settings""

bearkat

I particularly liked your demo showing how the GPX 5000 will/can miss the larger not so deep nuggs when it is set up for small nuggs.:thumbup: Most of the ML pros are aware of that but you won't hear them talking about it very often.......Denial I guess :rolleyes:

I notice on one of our gold prospecting forums that the ATX Topic has over 12,366 responses to date since the 29 Oct 2013. :ausflag::cheers: That's gotta be some kind of a record Dude.:cheers:

This comparison video is good ,im in the millitary and am definately a plug in and go guy i had a gut feeling this detector would suit my needs better than the 5000 so i orderd early and got in first i dont like the idea of the fine gold setting if as demonstrated depth suffers the atx looks a winner my wife wont le un wrap mine untill santa comes ..damn her

Fishers Ghost said:
I particularly liked your demo showing how the GPX 5000 will/can miss the larger not so deep nuggs when it is set up for small nuggs.:thumbup: Most of the ML pros are aware of that but you won't hear them talking about it very often.......Denial I guess :rolleyes:

I notice on one of our gold prospecting forums that the ATX Topic has over 12,366 responses to date since the 29 Oct 2013. :ausflag::cheers: That's gotta be some kind of a record Dude.:cheers:

The demo videos are excellent (thank you for the effort Alan) but they are only of use to those that can fully see/appreciate the message.

Present ATX DD coil is a beauty, for up close personal attention in nooks/crannies a probe/pin-pointer will do the trick.

PB257526a_800.jpg

Funny part on the forum with ATX thread, majority of the posters do not have an ATX, some have only just had a brief touch or go with one.

If you do happen to have one and can do all testing necessary before making a reply, you are regarded as being biased.

Not to worry :) ........"those who hesitate are lost"

ivanll

Yea I can see that happening Ivan...
I like your ATX...custom per Ivan. the usual, Lol

That might be a record for sure...is that an Aussie forum?

Alan

That is a GREAT video.
Doesn't the GPX have a DD coil? The one on it
looks like a mono coil. Would not the GPX have done better
with a DD like the ATX?
Hope someone makes a video comparing the TDI with ATX.
Robt2300

Thats was the DD...I'm doing the mono coil test with the GPX this weekend...

I got excited watching this test so went outside and tested some old test nuggets with my GPX 5000.
One was .5 gr and one was .17 gr .... Surprisingly neither one was picked up by my GPX...I pulled out my AT Gold and had no problem.
I took a close look at both the nuggets and the smaller one was a solid piece and the .5 was mostly solid with a couple other tiny bits
Holding on. I only tried normal and fine gold timings with a coiltek 8x12 mono...

If anyone would be interested trading a new ATX plus some cash for my 7month old GPX 5000 ...pm me.

Cheers,

Tye

Yep same thing I am finding myself about the GPX. OH, but Tye - you must have had it set wrong! Lol
Heard that before...

Bearkat

If I had ATX I would try new ATX DD coil on minelab PI detector, like SD, or GPX, hope somebody will try it. :pinnochio