Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another beautiful day. Two hunts in!!! And a Turtle.

Neita SC

Today was a pleasant 65 degrees, sunny most the day. Sorry you northern guys and gals....I know how you hate this time of year. I was able to get in two hunts today, both about three hours each. Actually three hunts, but the first location was a tot lot that someone picked clean. All I found was a smashed penny pendant. So off to one of my local parks for the first real hunt. Found soooo many pull tabs. More tabs than coins! 46 tabs, 7 bottle caps, 30 coins, a few trinkets and a matchbox car. Also came across a stranded turtle who was stuck on his side. Poor thing had apparently dug himself a hole while going around in circles trying to right himself. Once upright, he walked on his merry way. Having done my good deed for the day, I headed to another location. But before getting out of the car, I popped two Aleve. I knew I would be hurting by the end of this hunt. This location was a well used athletic field. I was able to grab another 46 coins, car parts and costume earring and pendant. Needless to say, by the end of that hunt my knees and wrist were killing me. Some days I ask myself what the heck am I doing out here wearing myself out and putting a hurtin' on my joints. (Yes, I talk to myself sometimes) But I enjoy the addiction too much to stop. Happy New Year all!

Never seen a turtle get hisself in such a bind...I've heard of a "post turtle" but this is the first time anyones got a picture of a NASCAR turtle! Nice work on the hunt, just a great day!
Mud

Most be nice to have that kind of weather(boohoo).Your park must be near the beach on a lake? couldnt help but notice the lead sinkers,surprised mudpuppy didnt ask u to send um to him lol.Looks like someone had probs with there brake line,and what are those capsule looking things??....hh rick in mi.

rick in mi. said:
Most be nice to have that kind of weather(boohoo).Your park must be near the beach on a lake? couldn't help but notice the lead sinkers,surprised mudpuppy didn't ask u to send um to him lol.Looks like someone had probs with there brake line,and what are those capsule looking things??....hh rick in mi.

Rick, manmade lake. I have some cool sinkers from the beach also for Mud. And it's another warm day, supposed to be 72 tomorrow. Hee Hee. And the capsule things are a link chain that broke apart. The key tag holding chain or ceiling light pull chain type. They hit low 30s. I didn't recover them all since I was getting tired. Will go back late and see what what attached to it.

mudpuppy said:
Never seen a turtle get hisself in such a bind...I've heard of a "post turtle" but this is the first time anyones got a picture of a NASCAR turtle! Nice work on the hunt, just a great day!
Mud

Now Mud...Nascar Turtle is funny. He is on the left turn. And yes, I usually stop for turtles and assist them crossing the road. Silly little thing, but the little things are important.

Good that you salvaged the turtle and a bunch of finds, too. 72 is wonderful. Been nice here as well, but a cold front coming in Mon. 40's for highs, but beats those Mi and Ind temps any time.:) HH jim tn