Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another cracking coil issue

Giantprawn60

Morning gents
Here is my new issue: My G2 will give a beep everytime I end the swing on the left. So I start swinging to the right then go towards the left and when I change the movement to go back to the right...beep!! then it's quiet again until and get back to the left. And it does that irrelevant to the field it is in.
My cable is tight, new batteries and I do get normal signals as well with finds. I did find that the stem connection near the box is a bit loose (as in the mid stem clicks in but it isn't snug)I have tried to thicken the mid stem end with tape but it doesn't really snug it in.

any ideas?

Not really sure waht to suggest,if it was to sound off all the time and not just on one side then you coul say that the coil had a major issue,but this is not the case with yours,so process of elimination like could it be a spade that you carry on that one side,could it be something metal inside the body as in pins that type of thing.Boots with steel toe caps has always been a major problem but you would get beeps on both swing,also not sure if you carry a phone on that side.

Of course you post probably have thought of these things but sometimes they are over looked,or something major may be wrong with the coil,but as it beeps just on the one side and seems to be all right in other plains then something could be causing the problem like i have mentioned above.

Just some suggestion that may or may not help.

Do you use a coil cover?
If so, remove it and see what's inside (clean it out that is)
Outside, turn it on and slightly wiggle the cable (flex it a bit) at the coil and at the connector at the control box. (see if you get the noisy)
Remove the batteries and clean the battery contact clips inside the control housing.
Remove the coil connector at the control housing and use some electronic cleaner on both the male and the female pins (and the threads for the lock ring)
If you have one try another coil, or barrow one if you can.

Mark

Second coil cover.black sand will do that

Thanks guys, all very valid points. I don't have a coil cover or another coil that I can borrow though but I'll try to clean the batteries. I think it comes from that slight feeling of the "unsnug-ness" of the connection between stem and box stem part.

I have a eurotek pro in the mail so hopefully I can try that coil, just need to check compatibility

my omega wobbles too same set up as the G2 I prefer the Fisher set up F19 no wobble, I have a coil that needs fixing it works to some degree on one machine and goes nuts on the other as in cant use it coil is made to work on both machines and the machine it dosnt work on is fine with other coils even the same size coil.

could be something very small to send these things in to a not work or on the way out a wire starting to lose contact, hard to test without the right gear and so back to the shop it has to go :sadwalk:

AJ