Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another cz-5 coil question

lumacurve

After getting use to the cz-5 with the stock 8" coil and having great success, I decided to buy the little 5" coil for the (trashier) places I hunt. I swear I think I did better with the 8" coil in the trash ?? With the stock coil I could identify a rusty nail or trash 90% of the time by swinging one way then 90degrees the other direction and see if the tone changed. This new little coil will tone good from both directions as if its a coin, espeicaly if it a faint deep tone and its almost always iron. I know the cz-5 likes iron but is there a different technique for the small coil ? Thanks.

How fast are you sweeping the coil? It does not take much coil movement for a CZ to sound on a target. Try slowing the sweep down.
tvr

A finely tuned CZ with stock coil can be a little off when switching to 5" coil
I know nickles can sometimes not ID as well as the stock coil
Make sure you get a good ground balance, use the bobbing motion, works better than the push button method.

Having said that, you can make a nail hit both ways with both coils if you try hard enough. But it shouldn't sound exactually like a a coin.

I have used the 5" to great success to pull a few more coins out of trashy spots with good Id's.

If it continues to ID deep nails as a coins in all directions, then your tuning maybe a little off for that particular small coil.

Hope you get it worked out.

Tico