Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another day another silver (hammered) again

coenwolf

the T2se and mars tiger coil combo strike again,out his afternoon a few buttons and a lovely small buckle came out followed by yet another hammered coin ,my first time out this week as well .totally unreal this combo is a silver magnet.

been told the coin is a king edward 3rd which would make it between 1327 and 1377 a.d

Absolutely amazing!:surprised: So much history over there where you are. It is one thing to study European history or watch time-period movies or informational documentaries about Europe but to dig up a piece of history that you can touch with your bare hands would be exhilarating for me. I took a class in college about the Middle/Dark Ages which really weren't that dark considering the inventions that came out of it but to find artifacts in the ground from that time period would be mind blowing to me. This coin could have been carried during the black plague (not to sound gruesome). How deep do you find these coins of that age? I know that farm fields can be deceiving due to the ground being turned over and over but for example, in a pasture that wasn't farmed much; how deep are these coins found? Congrats by the way!:clapping:

just had a update on the i.d its actually slightly older its a king edward 11 so would be dated between 1307-27 ..:clapping: this one was only a few inches down meter read 5 inches ,this particular field has thrown up over the years everything from celtic through to modern so its been in use for over 2000 years but theres a underlying carpet of iron and lots of lead in the soil plus its quite stony to .its also been worked by lots of different detectorists for at least 20 years ,when i first went there you could find 6 or 7 of these a day

Excellent, excellent find! Congrats!! That T2se and the tiger coil combo seems to be a great setup! Jeff