Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another day in the park with the deus 2

Rockford

Small park across the street from me, been hunting it for 3 years now. Running out of coin signals to dig, so have been getting into digging other signals 60 - 88 on the vdi.
Using a modified version of program 1 General. No digging of iron infested signals.

Been getting a lot of can parts, but some other stuff is coming up.

Never seen this kind of crown cap, inside it says Fight Litter with a string tied to a finger. The large cast iron knob was deep, and under some roots, appears to be covered in black porcelain, maybe from an engine crank?

A few coins, rotten zincs and a wheat that rang up at 87. Pewter ladies hat with fake gems rang up 73.

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_200239.jpg
    IMG_20220717_200239.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20220717_200247.jpg
    IMG_20220717_200247.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
Might have been an old house before it was a park, the doorknob was standard back in the day they came in white, black and brown wood grain. Keep looking there should be some goodies!
HH Jeff

Looking at the bottle cap as size comparison Im leaning towards a cabinet knob. Nice finds!!!!

Heavy duty knob, solid cast iron. Looks like a set screw would have been needed to hold it as there are no holes in shaft. I did find a 1914 license plate in the park a few years back, so i was guessing something off of a car

Been out a few more times over, mostly getting pullrings and beaver tails. Got this old 12 gauge headstamp, umc nitro, site i looked at dated it 1895 to 1900. Also got this Tear Down tab, found 2 of these in 3 years, anybody know what they came on?

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_102853.jpg
    IMG_20220722_102853.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
A pretty good expert on shotgun headstamps is a certain forum member called Turtlefoot. He says the UMC&CO Nitro was produced from 1894 to 1899. That's certainly pretty close!

Got out tonight after work for 90 minute hunt. Trashy park 6 blocks from. Ground hard and kind of sandy, ground balance was coming in at 80 or so on the deus ii.

Using my General 5 toner, boosted the reactivity to 2.5 on this hunt. Got some plain coins and the partial Winchester Repeater headstamp. The silver ring is marked tx 69 Mexico .925

On the silver ring it was coming in kind of like a faint penny or dime 91-93, but would drift routinely to 94 and an occasional 95. Previously i have hit some silver dimes like this. Scraped away and about 6 inches the ring came.

Attachments

• IMG_20220723_203003.jpg
    IMG_20220723_203003.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 66