Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another decent hunt with the SE

destructo

had another good day for my neck of the woods. I am hunting city property so not too many great finds in my areas. found a 1903 indian, 1947 rosie, a 80;s Dairy queen token, and a plain belt buckle i am guessing. also a buttload of clad, a couple of wheats, and a buttload of screwtops and other copper and brass crap. it was a good learning day and i had plenty of stretching and bending over. I need to get some nickles now, haven't been digging those signals much. clad was about 4 quarters, 9 to 10 dimes , 20 or so memorials and a few zincolns. Destructo

Nice job, destructo.

Tip -- If you want to dig nickels, set your noise cancel channel to "5," switch to digital mode, and dig all targets that read "06" on the conductive side, consistently. Rotate around the target, sweeping the target with short, choppy sweeps. If you get consistent "06" numbers as you rotate around the target, there's a greater than 50% chance it's a nickel. Many rectangular tabs, and old pull tabs with the beaver tails folded in, will read very close to this, but MOST tabs and such will give as many "05" readings, if not more, than "06" readings. The "round" portion of a pop can top -- the part that the rectangular tab pops open, will often read "06," too -- as will a couple of other targets. But, more than 50% of the time, a solidly "06" target from all angles is a nickel (again -- this is only true at noise cancel channel 5 or 6...low conductive targets read differently at very low or very high noise cancel channels; for a nickel, the CO value will range from 05 to 07 across the noise cancel channel scale, but solidly 06 in the middle ranges of noise cancel channels).

Steve

thanks for the tip Steve, very informative and well written/easy to understand. will try out next time. D

A silver con and an injun' is a good days work in my opinion.:thumbup:

Keep working the SE and give a few nickle hits a shot to see what they sound like.

I don't dig too many either...just simply don't have the time to chase a lot of lower conductors.