Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Equinox Question

Confetrit

I just came across something that I'm trying to get verified on the Equinox. Is the shaft not adjustable on the Nox? I was viewing a comparison chart on the Nox and on the chart it stated that the shaft was not adjustable. I found this rather strange as most shafts are adjustable for storing and for transporting. I tried looking at the manual, but it wasn't really clear as to if it is or isn't adjustable. I believe the assembled length is listed at 56.7 inches. If the shaft isn't adjustable I was wondering what those of you that have used the Equinox think about the Nox as far as the length in storing and transporting. This may not be a big deal for some, but I would like to know one way or the other on this. Thanks.

sgoss66 said:
It is very adjustable, and it's a 3-piece rod assembly (control box with upper rod section, middle rod, and lower rod), so it's easy to disassemble into a small "footprint" for storage/transport.

Steve
+1
The Equinox can be broke down to fit in most suitcases. There are four holes 3/8" apart to adjust the arm cuff on the upper shaft and nine holes 3/4" apart on the middle shaft to adjust the lower shaft for length.
image37809.jpg

image37812.jpg

image37807.jpg

Thanks for the replies. That clears this question up. The reason I asked is that I keep my detectors stored in detector bags upstairs in my room. Thanks again.

Very small foot print. It will fit in the trunk of my Shelby very easily.

Now the flip side... Does it extend long enough for tall people? Not super tall, 6’4”...

The detector will fit into the Minelab 3011 carry bag for the CTX-3030. The height of the control pod above the shaft requires a bag with a width greater than 15" or 16" at the widest point (near the carry handles). Narrower than that and you won't be able to zip the bag closed. I have the 800 and the CTX bag - works great. My 16" wide ATPro bag couldn't be zipped up with the 800 unless I removed the cuff part of the detector.

Pyledriver said:
Now the flip side... Does it extend long enough for tall people? Not super tall, 6’4”...
Yes it can be adjusted to fit tall people, I'm 6'5" tall and I could adjust the length way beyond what I needed or care to hunt with.
My only real issue was the hand grip to elbow cuff length which in the longest position was a tad to short for my liking(there are 4 adjustments). There is room to drill one 3/8" hole on the bottom of the upper shaft for the indexing mount hole so you could move the control unit farther away from the arm cuff if the user needed or wanted more length there.
I opted to call Bill at Plugger and have a custom made carbon fiber shaft built to my exact specs.