Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another farm field hunt with the vaquero

kansa54

Went to another farm field last Friday that I have hunted many times over the years. It's another one that is loaded with iron but has produced some good coins in the past. I found 2 two cent pieces here many years ago and am always hoping to find more but never do.
The Indian head cent was in really good shape. Can easily read all of Liberty on the head band. Usually the Indians come out of these farm fields in pretty bad shape. The two eagle buttons are General service buttons from the late 1800's. Could be from Civil war period but can't be certain. Also found a sterling silver buckle. All in all a pretty good day. Almost forgot, I found another harness bell which are pretty common on these sites.

I'd say that you had a great day. You got a little bit of everything.:cheers:

tabman

Any day I yank Indian Heads, early date wheat-backs and old military buttons out of the ground I am having a very good time. A sterling silver buckle is a bonus.

Monte

That is one hot farm field, WTG

Man that Indian head is in really nice shape. Nice hunt.

Nice hunt, I love hunting those farm fields.

machineman said:
Nice hunt, I would love to try a Civil war hunt. Dont have any of that in Ca.
I wouldn't call my hunt a civil war hunt. It's just that a lot of Civil war vets lived in the old farmsteads around here. Not only do I find buttons but have found several Civil war veterans medals over the yrs.