Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another fine week with the XP Deus

Topdecker

I found a raincover for my Deus on one of the big auction sites:

deus_cover_01.jpg

deus_cover_02.jpg

It has a tag at the bottom that basically velcros shut. It hasn't really prevented me from seeing the display or making changes, so I am fairly pleased with it. I am really wanting it to keep dirt off the remote and to keep my display scratch free - if it also keeps a little rain off, great, but keeping grime off was my goal and it seems to be working fine. Anyhow, I am not endorsing any particular one - just mentioning them as an option.

I also got out and enjoyed the cool tempatures with my Deus. Today I came up behind one of my previous detectors - I had hunted a little chunk of a park in January and I wanted to see what, if anything, I'd missed. I was not creeping along, I was not digging iffy targets, I was just out metal detecting as usual. I recovered 2 dimes, 3 nickels, and 2 pennies behind the other unit. All in all, I got the sense that for every 6 or 7 coins I had recovered previously, that I can anticipate recovering 7 or 8 coins with the Deus.

52rosie_01.jpg

52rosie_02.jpg

As you can see, one is a 1952 rosie, so I've finally found some silver with the Deus and it was nice to see something shining coming out of the dry soil!

I found the button on Thursday at a "hunted out" site. It seemed cool enough to include :)

Hey Top --

Dude, you are really rocking it with the Deus! Nice! Love seeing silver, so congrats! And cool button. I know nothing about buttons, so not sure if a knowledgeable MDer would recognize it. Is there any story with that particular button? We're still dry here; you getting any rain?

And as usual, I'll ask which program you were using? :) Any particular tweaks this time out?

My hunt this morning yielded merely clad, about $1.60 -- of which was $.50 in pennies! That's a lot of rooting around for pennies. ;) No wheats, about 10 were pre-82, and no silver. This was an area of this particular park that had yielded some wheat pennies before, so I keep hoping for silver. I just need some rain!

Congrats again,
Rich

Rich -

I was out with the same program as before, the one that I called "Golden" last time. I got in a trashy area and jacked up the notches, but I was not super happy with how it performed. It tended to make the Deus a little more choppier or abbreviated which is not a good trend. I am normally not a cherry picker, but the ground is so hard that my lesche is crying every time I get it out now... :crylol:

And that is a BUNCH of pennies to be digging in dry ground! I was recovered zincs and copper pennies - holding out some hope for an Indian since this site has produced them in the past. I got back there again this evening for a brief hunt with a good friend and tacked a 1950's wheaty onto the tally.

Dave -

That cover is super snug. I am going to have to mess with it some because it is pulling down so tight that it trapping air bubbles over the display. Then again, maybe that will stop once we get to some fall-like weather :)