Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Gold Master, From OreMaster days.

Old California

Picked up another Gold Master, Very similar to my early 1960's working Oremaster GoldMaster only this model I believe is a 1963 or 1964 model. Both have a set of three coils, One small, one medium and one large. Waterproof wooden coils, think the latest is 18" inches.

These require one 67.5 volt battery and two 1.5 volt. Fortunately, A modified battery pack can be purchased as a replacement for the 67.5 volt. Holds seven 9-volt batteries in series, last a long time and is enclosed inside a neat replica battery casing. For the two 1.5 battery setup, I use two sets of 1.5 D batteries connected parallel (4 D batteries) total each set of two producing 1.5 volts. This greatly helps prevent battery drainage thus reduce drifting, The down side extra weight.

Total weight 7 plus pounds after mounting in batteries, the upside batteries last forever. For coin shooting always use the smallest coil, larger coils don't respond well to coin size targets. Also, have another BFO (Ghost Towner) which has a slightly bigger coil and responds well to coin size targets. But, Requires more tuning has a tendency of drifting. Upside on the Ghost Towner, hip mount and requires a 9 volt setup and is a little deeper, but the constant tuning is a pain so I always resort back to the older heavier Gold Master. Once dialed in, these older White's BFO are very smooth.

These are built like a Sherman tank, Very fine instruments and these are working.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Here's an old White's I just bought on Ebay that is almost identical to the Goldmaster 66TR I had in back in 1971 (still have it). Here's some photos...John

Just different labels...Lol!!...John

That is one nice 66TR John,

Cleanest one I've seen in my career, She's a beauty ! I like the zero tuner feature, never had one of these with this particular setup it's neat looking. Have seen several other types of 66TR before, but yours is the first I've seen with this type of zero tuner contraption.

Plus, Yours uses AA batteries much easier and common to get. Hang on to this John, it's so clean.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul