Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another horeshoe and stove lid lifter

pplinker

The last horseshoe I dug was huge and this must be just a little pony shoe about 4 inches wide. The other thing is from an old cook stove, the front fit into a place in the lid so it could be lifted up. Not sure why you'd need to lift the lids on the stove because you don't load wood there, you load the wood at the larger front door. Maybe you lift the lid just to check on the fire. Does anyone know why you'd need to lift a cookstove lid?

I wirebrushed these off so they look a little better than they did. Might paint the horseshoe silver.

Fly ash and creosote build up on the underside. Every now and then the covers need to be pulled to clean the ash and creosote out. Nice finds!

tvr said:
Fly ash and creosote build up on the underside. Every now and then the covers need to be pulled to clean the ash and creosote out. Nice finds!

Aw-haw...makes sense, thank you!

I use a woodstove. If the fire is burning hot and clean, removing one or more of the "eyes" on top puts more hot air into the room and less up the flu.

Also it allows adjusting the airflow without opening the main door. Also, a pot heats faster over an open eye.

Ur lucky to have silver in ur yard!

Skillet

Skillet said:
I use a woodstove. If the fire is burning hot and clean, removing one or more of the "eyes" on top puts more hot air into the room and less up the flu.

Also it allows adjusting the airflow without opening the main door. Also, a pot heats faster over an open eye.

Ur lucky to have silver in ur yard!

Skillet

Thanks for that information, Skillet. I don't have that much silver in the yard, got to get out to some new sites. Happy hunting to you.