Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Indian and deep silver:clapping:

bbqman

Went back to the scene of the finds yesterday and decided to sweep that 20x20 foot area and really listen and scan those deep signals. It paid off ! Another Indian, 1907, that read at nine inches but was at least 2 inches deeper than that. And about 3 feet away from where i dug that 1890 Indian yesterday, a warbly , one way high tone that kept hovering along the top right sliding back and forth across that screen. This is where reading this forum showed it`s worth. I decided to dig it and it was nearly bottomed out on the depth meter. I used my x-1 for the first time today and it really came in handy, because as i got down in the 10 inch range that probe told me there was something good there another inch or so down. I carefully dug and out popped a 1916 Barber dime ! I have read many posts describing this bouncy hover. I know there are a lot of guys who have used the explorer and explorer se for a long time and none of this is a surprise, but to me after 6 weeks of working the heck out of this machine , my excitement is hard to contain ! It is a wonder to me. I`m no newbie to detecting, but after using this thing for a while, I see nearly unlimited potential. I have worked this tear down at least 8 or 9 times slow, slow and again today it produced goodies that i had been over many many times, including a 1945 war nickel and 2 wheaties, 1918s and a 1919. Well won`t be able to go again till Saturday, but you can bet I will be itchin to do so. :)

Nice going Randy, your really getting it done. Just goes to show, go slow and really listen. You are really learning the Explorer, outta the gate flying. Really enjoy your posts, Joe.

Well, Joe, to someone who like me who had not been active for 15 or more years the new technology is Amazing ! We did not have the benefit of the internet " back in the day" and all you had was a stray Western and Eastern Treasures to get some knowledge. I, unfortunately, always been forced to hunt alone( hope that ends soon) and so all I had was my own experience. It is fanstastic to share finds and see what other people are finding nearly as soon as they find it. The kindness of experienced users , like Bryce and others( like you) is beyond fantastic !Obviously, I got it bad !
surfman said:
Nice going Randy, your really getting it done. Just goes to show, go slow and really listen. You are really learning the Explorer, outta the gate flying. Really enjoy your posts, Joe.

Yeah, it's all bout listening, sweet finds :thumbup: Congrats

Randy,

I am looking forward to another hunt, soon.......You are smokin' the daylights out of that machine! You are really focused. I enjoyed our hunt, and we will do some more......I too am enjoying your posts!

Dennis

Great finds Randy :thumbup:, I hope I can learn my SE Pro as could as your doing.

WTG! on those oldies. Nice explanation of how you "did it". I am a new SE owner and what you stated is just like other Explorer users are doing. I am still in the learning curve but at two weeks, I am already calling targets accurately but still searching for that deepie sound I have yet to recognize.

nice going looks like your ahead on the learning curve for sure

The "deep silver dance along the top" is always a welcome sight on my SE screen Randy.:thumbup:

You are really doing well with the SE.:clapping: Nice digs:thumbup:

GREAT JOB, Randy. Way to "read" the machine.

I am looking forward to "catching up to you" in terms of understanding what the machine is saying. I have now gotten fooled two times by a nice, sweet warbling sound (as I imagine silver should sound, per Bryce's posts), and yet both times it's been a mid-depth copper penny. I find many coins that don't have that nice sound, but some of these copper pennies really do "warble," to my ears. I have thought both times that they HAD to be silver; maybe the silver sounds similar, maybe not. But it sounds like you are learning what the deep ones sound/read like -- and thus you are doing a GREAT job!

I hear you about the hunting alone; hunting partners make it more fun AND a much more educational experience. As I've said before, if you ever travel north of the Red into "enemy" territory, I'd be glad to join you on a hunt of some Okie ground! :)

Steve