Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another interesting test...a buried gold ring and iron...

Barry NY

Makes you kinda wonder...and scratch your head...how many times have I walked by?
This is not meant to put down any machines - just to show the effect of iron on a target...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkCMmUleueg[/video]

If the new users forum ever takes off with some hints and training post, this video is an excellent start at recognizing target masking and would be a great video for new users of any detector. If it showed how a smaller coil can help unmask targets, it would be meet that need even better.

Thanks for posting it.
tvr

To me it showed if you move just another inch away from the iron
And just a tad lower to the ground like you did with the vista gold.
Any machine will see that ring from the side like that.
Just saying!
Ken

LOL looks like a commercial for Vista!

I can't say for the other machines but the E-Trac was being swung way too fast. If you use a E-Trac you know that was too fast. Also the swing on the E-Trac was long and the Vista was real short right over the target. Nice try.

Interesting vid BUT, I don't remember hearing a discrimination setting. I set my machine on "0" so I hear all beeps. when I get mixed ones I dig everything becuase of items too close together. I get a lot of gold that way.

Here is another approach...and it's a CTX...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHDUMZBrF4[/video]

Exelent video carter , thats why i like to dig all targets, but it is clear the vista stands out you sold me on that one a long time ago . I cant imagine how may good targets are still out thear because a small bit of Iron is near suface , plenty of digging left out thear . but its clear to see the VG is superiour at sniping, its one thing to get a good target on the same level but Iron over a good target thats whear you really see the difrence thanks for making the videos

I still would like to know about the discrimination setting on the machines. Do you have them set on ZERO if you can or something else. If above ZERO, You need to try a CZ-21 set at Zero.

They were all set with enough Discrimination to hear or knock out iron (above ZERO as you say)...Send over the CZ-21 and it will be included in the tests..PM me for the address. Thanks.

scubadetector said:
I still would like to know about the discrimination setting on the machines. Do you have them set on ZERO if you can or something else. If above ZERO, You need to try a CZ-21 set at Zero.