Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another large cent from the old city park

Ed (Upstate NY)

With the temperature hovering around freezing today I just had to get out. Back to the old city park for a quick hunt. First coin dug was this 1847 large cent in a spot I've walked over many times. Again, the coin was slightly masked by a 4" square nail in the hole. Only other coins I dug were a wheatie and a corroded zinc penny. No clad at all....Large cent #4 out of the park over last 2 months. With this frigid weather, I fear the ground will be frozen solid soon.

Yes, that was 15+ years ago. It would really take me a lot of detecting to beat that again. I think last year (although I hunted very little) I found 2 or 3.
Sadly when all those detecting shows came out on tv everyone was running out detecting thinking they where going to strike it rich.
Most don’t understand what guys like us that have been doing it are whole lives do it for the excitement of the hunt and the history behind the finds. We don’t do it for money.
I’m hoping next year we can find some newer un-hit places and maybe have a good season.
One thing for sure your ending this year with a bang. :thumbup: