Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another lost ring help request Melbourne Beach, Florida

ROBOCOP

I appreciate all the very nice comments I received on my recent ring recovery and it led to another lost ring help request.
The only difference is this ring was lost at Spessard Holland SOUTH beach park and it was 3 weeks ago. Yikes.

The owner gave me his contact info and a description of the ring and the general area he lost it, in shallow water.
I tried today at low tide 1:40 PM (hot). I did a grid (mowed the lawn) then zigzagged from high tide line to best I could to the water ( shin deep ) with my PI detector.

I had no luck. I emailed the owner and told him I could put out a request for help.
I can give a general description of the ring. He said it's a man's large gold ring with a family crest on it. It's something that got passed down thru the family and he meant to give it to his son.
I know. Why is he wearing it to the beach?

If anyone finds it or has already found it and wants to return it to the owner you can contact me and I'll give you the details of the family crest and the owner's contact info and you can verify if it's the correct one and you can contact the owner directly.

The reference area he gave me for the search is from the staircase by the restroom building on the boardwalk ( red lifeguard stand there) to a point north about equal to the northern edge of the first covered bench area on the boardwalk. By now it may have drifted south. My experience with the lighter ring I found was that it seemed to sink quickly and stay in place over a 12 hour period .
But after 3 weeks, who knows.

I told the owner today was a 0% moon visibility low tide day and maybe not the best low tide day to search.
That big Jacksonville beach find was after a year so who knows?

I'm going to keep it in mind and spot check for it but it's a different kind of detecting to find something specific as opposed to casually strolling down a beach hoping to get lucky.
You know what I mean.

ROBOCOP

I tried again today at low tide with no luck. I went a little further south than I came back to the original area. I was getting some target hits straight out from the covered park bench area in shin deep water but I think it was a collection area for light junk like pull tabs, etc. Couldn't capture it in my scoop so I figure it drifted away. Frustrating type of hunting.

ROBOCOP

Tried again today, no luck. I noticed kids in the surf on wakeboards were being pushed north by the current. Maybe I'll try going in that direction next time.