Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another mx sport question

JaBo

Hi The following programs have some static noise in the audio, all metal, relic and prospecting. This is not the threshold. The other 3 programs are quiet when I switch to them. Has anyone experienced this? Is this normal for the Sport? Paul you use the prospecting program do you experience this noise? It is there even before swinging the coil, when I move through the programs it is there for the 3 mentioned and not the others. Thanks

Hello Jabo,

I had to go over all the programs and it finally occurred to me, SAT feature is causing the slight staticly hum which would be normal.

All Metal, Prospecting and Relic mode have the SAT feature. Try this, reduce all SAT in these three to zero. You'll notice these three modes the static noise will disappear, SAT (Self Adusting Threshold) is a great feature when used with these modes.

This is normal, SAT helps these modes operate with better stabitily as ground conditions change. I change SAT settings continuously with Prospecting mode, our black sand is terrible. Not so much with relic mode though, usually set my SAT and run with it without changing it as often as i do prospecting mode.

Take care,
Paul

Thanks Paul just tried it and that seems to quiet the noise down, Great to know. I like the mx sport so having that bit of information will lead to better understanding of how to get the best out of it.