Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another new dump!

madaboutmike

Dear dumpaholicks,

I was trying to locate evidence of a small settlement that was used for training boxers. I located a dump first and weeks later discovered foundations. This dump is curious because it abutts a 100' high rock face to the east and to the west is a concrete wall that in a way encloses the dump, almost like a natural ampitheater. Inside are remains of an old Studemaker, toilets, rusting washing machines, etc. On the surface there are no building materiels. At first discovery, it had rained a few days before and the ground was mushy. I was nervous about going in. I went back a few days ago. It hadn't rained in weeks and the ground was still mushy, almost peatish. My MD presented no evidence that items were thrown from the top of the rock face. There had to be only one way to drive in. Strangely, the floor of the dump is almost perfectly flat. The question is;

1. If a sports camp had been constructed, was an older dump covered to permit a flat surface, perhaps for training boxers.
2. When the facility was constructed, why would someone put a structure next to a swampy area, which leads me to think the area was not mushy at the time. Who needs to sleep next to mosquitos.
3. If camp buildings were demolished and wood was bulldozed into the dump, would a combination of rotting wood and gravel prohibit ground moisture to perk out and thus cause the surface of the dump to be perpetually soggy.
4. Is this dump worth exploring since all surfice artifacts are contemporary. When the camp was demolished, did the locals take advantage of the situation and chuck all their junk in there before the access roads were blocked.
Would appreciate any imput - I'm new to Dumpology