Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Newbie w/ Old Garrett

wayne9452

This is an American 3 model that appears new and has all the bells and whistles. I have not been able to locate any info about it other than the Garrett instruction page.
It's very similar to the Ground hog ADS, but I think it may be a newer model.
Do any of the old timers (like me) have any advice about it for me??? Thanks, Wayne

Here is a link that shows it very well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5874873050&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I guess these are junk. Suppose I need to get an Ace 250 and join the 21 century.
Just thought if I could master this one I would learn much more about detecting methods..

Wayne,

Probably by todays standards, these are not very good but far from Junk. I own 2 American S-1 detectors from the early 80's which are not as good as that Model-3 but over the years they have found a lot of stuff, primarily at beaches on Cape Cod. These units have brough us much enjoyment and still work as good as new (or at least as well as they ever have LOL).

Like you, I'm also a newbie to this forum and just did and upgrade to the 21 century with a new Ace 250 and like it VERY much. As said here many times, the 250 is a great value and I'm glad I upgraded.

happy detecting.

The old American would serve you well to learn on then you could move up. I think everyone should have some experience with the older detectors minus all the bells and whistles. It gives you a better grasp of what it's all about.

Bill