Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another One Coming !!!

pescadore

I always have two detectors in case one goes bad during a hunt. I recently ordered a TreasurePro to compliment my MX5. Not too long ago, I decided to keep my MX5 and sell my M6 in order to get the TreasurePro mostly out of curiosity. I had not had the MX5 that long and although it was a deep detector, I just never bonded with it and it was just too finicky for me. I had gone to two different sites that I had previously gone to and the MX5 was very proned to EMI so I was regretting selling the M6. I started using the TreasurePro as my primary detector and it just fit my style of hunting and when I bought the Sharpshooter coil for it, I really liked it even more. I took the MX5 out a couple more times and it just didn't have the stability of the TreasurePro even after lowering the sensitivity. (I usually run the TPro at full sensitivity). Yesterday, I made a short visit to the park that I had the EMI trouble with the MX5 and I ran the TPro at full sensitivity without any problem. I called the dealer that I bought the MX5 from and asked him if we could work out a deal for another TreasurePro. We worked out the deal and my new TreasurePro shipped out today. I realize that I gave up maybe an inch of depth but it is worth it to have the stability and the great display on the TPro. Don't underestimate the abilities of this so called entry level machine because it really performs nicely and the display is really good. The large VDI numbers and 8 tones makes this detector a joy to use IMHO. Everyone has a machine that they just like more than others that they have tried and the TPro is mine !!

UPS will be delivering mine today sometime. I've read good things about the TPro, I hope I like it as much as you like yours.

Okay guys, it's been a long time. How you liking the TM pro, now?

Treasure Pro does seems to run more stable and smooth. Had one for a while and loved the weight if it. Seemed to be just about a deep as the MX5, maybe not quite as good on separation between targets but a great detector for the money. Try running the MX5 in All Metal mode and turning down the sensitivity to 5-6. I am prone to run mine kind of hot, usually 8, but it does help to back it off some times and doesn't seem to reduce the depth in the soil where I live.