Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Reason For Detecting......

GregM

I needed a way to get exercise and get off the computer chair---- I played a war game online with some friends almost all day and night in my spare time. I really needed to stop the game playing and find a way to get back to normal. I had gained way too much weight..,I was uncomfortable with myself. I was going through Ebay and found a metal detector that sounded like it would be good for me.I needed a way to pace myself -alone . I told my wife about it and she said get it for Christmas -so I did - it was the best thing I did besides marry my wife and quit cigarettes. I also had to find a diet that would work for me as well. I found portion control was ideal for me..I looked through the frozen food section of the supermarket and saw Banquet frozen meals. They would give me the energy I needed and not alot of extra crap and the price was right . I also needed something to fill me without too many calories. A side salad from Wendys would do me fine. I had my dinner but what for lunch? I eat a half of a turkey and cheese white bread sandwich and a boscuitti and wash it down with water. Breakfast is a bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee. I snack on a protein bar at about 9:00 am . I also bought a home gym from Wal mart and worked out . I found a protein powder that would help add muscle and loose the fat . It worked for me. I walked the beach with my SS 2 and lost a ton of weight. So I was looseing and finding, looseing and finding. HAHAHAHAH . At night if I couldn't handle the hunger I have some peanut butter. My leg muscles became steel from all the walking in dry sand. My arms became bigger and stronger so I could swing the coil longer in the blazing heat of the beach. I am very proud of myself for having the will power to accomplish this. Sound like detecting saved my life ?????..........Maybe just maybe....... HH GregM

Great story GregM:

I need to get out more come spring time here...I have put on about 100 lbs that I do not need...I need to try that portion control..that is my big problem...I only cook for 2...and it is either you have too much in a package, or you have too little and you open another package, then have too much...The manufacturers do this on purpose...It gets you to buy more. Why is it that we and England are some of the most over-eaters in the world...I think it comes down to if we can, we will...I was never over 180 until I reached the age of 22, then all heck broke loose...everything I ate went right to the gut. I wish I had more beaches near me here...Walking in that sand really works up a sweat....It is harder than walking on pavement or grass...I found swimming is also a great way to loose weight...Almost every muscle in your body gets used...Burns off calories fast...
Keep it up, and you will be in great shape....

HH,

BH-LandStar

It is not easy to stay focused and commit yourself but you must in order to live longer healthier. Hitting the beach for many hours in the blazing sun is not easy when you carry extra weight. After a few weeks at the beach I shed the winter fat and become real light on my feet again. It feels soooooooooooooo good to reach that point again. As you get older you will see what I mean. I hope you find it within yourself to do what you need to do for yourself. It's all about YOU!!!!! HH GregM