Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another short hunt close to the area where I found the 1875 Indian

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
This park has been hit by every detector and hunter in the area. The ground is very difficult, but the Sovereign today recovered a 1909 Barb Half and junk jewelry.

I wrote this park off a couple of years ago because I thought it was worked out. Got some new equipment thought maybe my old worked out parks would be easy to work with the latest updated detectors. What I found by running the Sovereign head to head with these detectors in a thrash with good target coin garden the Sovereign actually had an advantage. My Elite with a 180 meter didn't even hiccup in the thrash and most of the good targets had excellent depth and would give a correct visual ID where the others would sign off. With my new coin garden I concentrated more on junk targets and depths on good targets just out of reach was good practice. Yeah still not the real field environment ,but help pushed my ability and confidence with the Sovereign. Last couple of hunts have confirmed the new coin and trash garden has helped. I'm looking forward to searching my worked out parks with the Sovereign. Thanks Ron

I bet that gave you a good feeling to find that coin in a site that has been heavily detected.
That is a very nice find in any circumstances!
As the saying not goes... no site is hunted out and you proved that with this find.
If that was still there, what else is still waiting to be found?

Felix, yes I was surprised. My friend shamed me into going on this short hunt. Last year didn't get out enough before bad weather sets in not easy with the farm, but will make time. About 10 minutes after the find my cell phone rings awkward with the headphones on not happy with the call and at first thought it was someone trying to sell me something. It happened to be the dentist office she said I had a 2 pm appointment and now it was 5 after. I apologized and said she would make another appointment for next week. I haven't miss an appointment in 30 years with this find glad I did. Earlier the same day my brakes went out from a leak on my old Ford F250 on a hay run about 40 miles from home made it back by topping the brake fluid out every 10 miles. Yes there has to still be some very good finds at this site. At this point I have a new respect and confidence the Sovereign and myself will have a decent season. Thanks Ron

Nice!! The rain finally let up here,hopefully I can hit some of my old spots soon!