Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another trip to the old school

dirt doctor

I had an opportunity to get out for another hour and a half tonight and took it .The top row on the picture of all the finds is where I went back to that old cleared patch one more time .This time I used the tone ID from the CJ mode and switched to relic . I dug everything that wasn't being ID'd as iron . I didn't find anything spectacular but it did pick up things I didn't find in the CJ mode . I may try this from time to time .

I had noticed the gardener had cleared a path of the Ivy about a foot and a half wide next to the building . I decided to hit this . Although the residual cut vines made for some tough walking and digging I figured there just may be a few targets there and there where . No eyeball finds this night every thing was under dirt except for a small solid , sponge rubber soccer ball made for tiny tykes and one giant beer can ( not pictured) . I also dug up a shallow Diet Coke can . The car was shallow also . After washing out the dirt and thin roots from the inside of the car the wheels still actually rolled and the outside is not in that bad a shape either ( unlike the foreign aluminum coin which has some nasty zits) . The clad quarters were a welcome sight and the Rose identification tag ( which ID'd as Quarter/Half was kind of neat .The copper pieces fooled me as they ID'd as dimes . I have no idea what that funnel looking thing is but it ID'd as Quarter .

On the way to my vehicle I noticed a Grandad and his two Grandkids had entered the school play yard and were playing on the slides . I asked him if he thought the kids would like the ball and he gladly accepted it . My neighbor recycles cans and plastic bottles so the two cans will go in the bag said items I am saving for him . So I guess you can say a few people got treasure tonight .Thanks for looking .

Awesome story and that's great about saving the aluminum for your neighbor. :thumbup: We save all our lead for a friend.

Are you sure that's a foreign coin? Whatever it is, it's pretty cool. :clapping:

I love the relic mode. I always hunt in that when we do parks or homes. I do use the coin & jewelry when in a tot lot.

Happy hunting,
Nancy

Another good hunt. Congrats on the pile of finds.
Think the finds make a few people smile

About that funnel looking thing, I think it is a nozzle of a hot air gun. (may be part of)
http://www.heatshrinkgunsindia.com/heat-shrink-guns-hl-1400-s.php

That's great.
Happy Hunting

vito said:
Another good hunt. Congrats on the pile of finds.
Think the finds make a few people smile

About that funnel looking thing, I think it is a nozzle of a hot air gun. (may be part of)
http://www.heatshrinkgunsindia.com/heat-shrink-guns-hl-1400-s.php

That's great.
Happy Hunting

Wow , two interesting videos on that link ! I think you nailed it about it being part of a heat gun nozzle .Thanks Vito , Happy Hunting !

Nancy-IL said:
Awesome story and that's great about saving the aluminum for your neighbor. :thumbup: We save all our lead for a friend.

Are you sure that's a foreign coin? Whatever it is, it's pretty cool. :clapping:

I love the relic mode. I always hunt in that when we do parks or homes. I do use the coin & jewelry when in a tot lot.

Happy hunting,
Nancy

You are right Nancy , it turned out not to be a foreign coin .:surprised: By golly , it's old U.S. Grant himself ! Thank you for your comment , it made me study the coin a little better and find out I
had a cooler find than I thought .:thumbup:

Now that is really a neat find. Nice find there Dirt Devil!!! I love all the trashy items and to find out what they are, makes them more special. Thanks Vito for the info.
HH,
Nancy