Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another UW headphone option

Pyledriver

I've been sitting on this idea, mostly because I don't have much time to test stuff. Scubadetector take notes! You might be the best tester for this... We're all swimming in a sea of mediocrity with this underwater headphone performance issue-stock or modded are all too quiet. SO. Instead of spending a lot of money and still having to search for other options...try THIS: (your welcome)

Either buy a Deus underwater kit and stuff the WM08 into it, or build it yourself from the various components available on Amazon. I can't help but see some irony in that Deus has already 'been there'..lol. ANYWAY! Try it and please report back-I think this will at least help since the earbuds will be IN your ear...

This is a sub $50 dollar method to get in the water! Waterproof case with headphone jack $10, waterproof earbuds ~$20. Cable from control box to wm-08 probably free depending on who you know. If you don’t understand how this works, look up Deus underwater videos. I know it will work, the question is what will the sound be like.. My lakes are mostly mud pits so I’ll never get to 10’ but others may find this useful!

You can't stick anything in your ears while diving. A big NO. Maybe if you are on the bottom and put them in afterwards? I don't know. Very hesitant to try

Oh well, worth a shot in theory. Still a viable option for wading and way cheaper!

I modded a connector for my 600 and used waterproof swim buds, dove yesterday but only 7ft, volume 25 was able to hear pretty well, but received my white waterproof headphones from California today so will be using them now.

Good to know! I found out the headphone socket is waterproof even without the cover so really the waterproof earbuds should be the only component needed. I have my TE headphones but may try it anyway.

-- moved topic --