Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another V3i question

DFXDon

Boy am I confused Years ago I bought a Vision for runner of the V3i then I had it upgraded to V3i at Whites when this was done I lost the Wireless transfer function and also the coin Program plus some other items but picked up many more goodies that replaced them.
Well I thought I would try other machines so I sold the Vision. New story Yesterday I missed the V3i so I purchased a New Spectra V3i from my local dealer Well I turned it on and went to Programs and seen that the coin program was back on it along with all the others. But My Manual doesn't mention the coin program at all and the chart in the back of the manual does not show the coin program as being there along with there settings.
What is happening I must be gong senile in my old age.
Help

The coin program was never removed. It has always been in the library of the V3i, just not in the program menu list. So you really never lost it. All the new V3i detectors I have seen don't show the coin program unless you bring it up from the library.

"I lost the Wireless transfer function and also the coin Program plus some other items."
I know we lost the transfer function. it wasn't much of a loss. All this did was allow a guy to transfer a program with a buddy who were both hunting together. I never used it. If programs could be transfered on line then it would have been useful.

The other thing that was removed was the suggested RX. When we were testing the prototypes they asked us it any of us used the feature. All of us said NO. It was confusing users so that is why it was removed. People kept trying to set the detector to run at signal 10 or less and losing performance.[attachment 247790 Albert.jpg]

The Coin Program is on page 39 in theSpectra V3i Owners Guide. When I originally got my V3i the Coin program was in the Library of the unit but I had to load it into my programs in order to use it.

Thanks for all the quick answers I found the coin program on page 37 as stated But my coin program isa allso listed in the program block just like it was in the Vision menu before it was up graded to a V3i
Don

I just ot the answer from fox on whites web site He states that the new V3i's have the program back in the six block menu do to request from the users.
Thanks for all the replys
Don

Thanks again Anne (ak1234) for the info. Anne writes the software she should know.