Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Walker / SLQ / USS Reno Name Tag / Tiny Merchant Token

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 2 weekend hunts. All of these finds over the last 2 weekend were found in public city parks and old school sites in my home state fairly close to home.
Minelab eTrac was used for all.

The large round item looks to be a crewmember tag from the USS Reno. From my research there were 2 USS Reno Navy ships. The CL 96 ship was a cruiser ship in service during WWII. I cannot find any
Information on the CL 95 USS Reno from the name tag but I would have to assume it came before the CL 96.

The cast iron baseball player head was a curious find that read similar to a nickel. I believe it to be part of an early 1900s coin bank as I found similar items online.
The tiny aluminum mercantile token (good for 5 cents) was very deep and I barely got it (10+ inches). I also pulled a very deep mercury dime (10-11 inches deep) and the 1887 V nickel within 30 feet of the token.
That is one of the smallest tokens I have pulled over the years.

The walker half dollar was on edge and next to iron on one side. It must have been a pretty new drop with how good it cleaned up.
Hopefully we get some rain soon as it is very dry around here. Temps hit about 93 here on Sunday but there was a good breeze.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Coin Finds
1943 Walking Liberty Half Dollar
1928 Standing Liberty Quarter
1903, 1912 barber dimes, 6 mercury dimes, 4 silver Roosevelt dimes
1887,1891,1910 V nickels, 4 buffalo nickels (oldest is a first year 1913), 3 Jefferson nickels (oldest 1940)
1888, 1903, 1906 Indian Head Pennies. The 1888 looks to be shot with a gun
30 wheat pennies back to 1912
1947 Canadian penny

Other Finds
Crewmember Nametag from USS Reno Navy Ship
3 rings (1 is silver)
Top baseball player cast iron head to old bank
Heavy pig pendant
2 Merchant tokens (Good for 25 cents is brass and Good for 5 cents is aluminum)
JP zipper pull (I have found a few of these over the years)
DAF aluminum item (made in hong kong on back)
Few misc. buttons including a “Head Light” brand button
Old Suspender clip item
Couple old buckles
“Rockford” key
Couple collar studs
SilverCoins.jpg
WalkerHalfDollar.jpg
BarberDimeAfterFinding.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
USS Reno Crewmember Tag.jpg
CastBaseballPlayerHead.jpg
NicklesAndIndians.jpg
WalkerDayOfFinds.jpg
SLQ DayOfFinds.jpg
Tokens.jpg

Congrats!! You are clearly in a pay streak! Looks like nothing after the 1940's is this an abandoned site?

Nice finds Dave to hot out for me lately but I will hit the water this week for some hopefully gold!
Mark

Lots of shiny stuff I see there! I think your right about the half dollar. Nice hunting!!!!

It is amazing at what you are still finding in public areas!!!
Makes me think about what may still be in some local sites that I have written off as hunted out.