Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another warm spell in Michigan melts frost line... 2 degrees today

craigV3

Hit a old roadside park which was at the location before I94 was built. I've been told the park was open from the late 1800's until 1952. The wood lot is approximately 3 acres in size. Old foundations from long lost buildings are visible as well as the original parking lot. I was stoked to finally find the owner of the property and get permission!! Two friends and the owner came along, all swinging other machines (I swung my DEUS). Long story short, 6 hours in the heavy snow fall, temps at 2 degrees produced only 14 wheats... :( good news is the DEUS found 7 of the 14... Every time I take the girl out she spanks the competition!! In defense of the DEUS, the soil was very loose and most of my wheats were pushing 10"... I just wish the "silver gods" were shining down on us..... Had a blast and I was having too much fun to drink any of my coffee, the light machine kept me frantically swinging for 6 hours! In ready for warm weather!!!

Wow, Craig amazing you got out at all. I managed a hunt last Tuesday before this last round of cold and snow hit. Every time I get out I am thankful. I did have one day I went and couldn't dig the targets. I marked one and will go back when the ground thaws a little. Loving the Deus myself. I am running the large coil right now and getting along fine with it. Good luck.

Don

I'm going hunting in the morning... Anyone interested ?? Going to be 6 at 7a, and warming up to 16 by noon

I promise, if you hunt in these conditions throughout the winter, it'll make you appreciate those summer hunts a little more