Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another winter Explorer project complete.

Dan(NM)

I had an extra Explorer 2 that I had rebuilt and decided to mount it on a Teknetics S-rod that I acquired this past week. I was able to slip the hand grip up enough to give me a nice snug fit for the housing. I had mounted the coil cable connector to the left back side of the housing and the 1/4" jack will mount to the back right side. I'll use a APTX LL transmitter and wireless earbuds for the audio set-up. I have an extra upper rod assembly that I'll switch out when I use my chest mount set-up to keep the coil mounted. With the battery and 11" pro coil, it weighs 3lbs 10oz, not sure it's any lighter, but, it's much cooler :)

Nice one Dan! It seems that the weight of the S-rod itself along with EXACTLY how the “S” is formed makes a HUGE difference in how it handles, and how the weight is placed throughout the arm/shoulder. Looks like a nice retrofit, let us know how it works when you get out for a longer hunt...

Thank you. I've been bored out of my skull these last 6 weeks, I have about 5 more to go before I get to start swinging again. One positive thing about this down time, it's giving my shoulder some much needed rest. Here's a pic of the others I'll be using in Feb.

Good job, That looks terrific!

I hope you get better soon and start posting cool finds.

Tony