Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Answer: to T2 Classic question about EMI. :cheers:

AndyNM

I have promised to Jeff to answer his question about the new released green T2 Classic about EMI.

Today I got the unit in here in Germany and was able to do some testing.

1. Software version is 9.0
2. In my house with many cellphones and TV turned on I was able to use the following settings to get it quiet:
Sensitivity 60 and Disc 0 or
Sensitivity 80 and Disc 1 or
Sensitivity 90 and Disc 10
That is realy great stability for a detector turned on indoors! Outdoor test coming tomorrow....

3. How does it compare to the old green T2 released years ago?
The new T2 Classic is like a T2 SE DST without DST, Boost, Cache and FA Modes. So the Green T2 Classic is much more stable as the old green T2's.

With that said, the new green T2 Classic is way better than the old green T2 and ..... it is better than anything in that price range. 500 Dollars is an awesome price for that Green Classic Monster. Tip: I think it is even better than a G2 or Gold Bug....(First Texas probably does not like that I wrote that).

Feel free to ask if you have questions,

Andy

That's not what he said, I think. They have apparently added some features that increase EMI resistance, perhaps software tweaks, perhaps shielding.

Andy,
I'm glad to hear there there have been some tweaks along the way to improve the EMI handing abilities of the T2. EMI is what eventually parted me and my T2. Many of my areas had so much EMI that my T2 become a specialty machine for use in those few areas that didn't shut it down. Same thing with my first and second pre-DST F75s. If your in-field experience mimics your indoor experience that would be terrific, but......

Do you have some way to compare EMI handling of Classic vs pre-Classic? It would be nice if someone could make a definitive statement comparing an older T2 with the T2 classic side by side in the same EMI ridden area.

HH
Mike

lytle78 said:
That's not what he said, I think. They have apparently added some features that increase EMI resistance, perhaps software tweaks, perhaps shielding.

It may not be what he said, but if it's running 9.0, 9.0 as per Nasa Tom's testing does have DST, just not as much DST as they implemented in 9.1 mode. I wouldn't doubt they did better shielding, and I also wouldn't doubt one bit that the mainboard is completely different then the original, it's probably a cost reduced, component reduction design, and probably has a better design for handling EMI. I'd really like to see the insides of the original T2 vs the new T2 Classic.

hh,
Brian

Hello Mike,

I don't have the "old green T2" anymore but I did not like it for the same reason you didn't like it. I think I had every version of the T2 green, black SE, LTD, DST......

Trust me, this green one is the most stable one from all T2 I ever had. Mike, at the price of $500 you just have to give it a shot. Trust me.

Andy

Hello Brian,

on the back T2 9.0 is DST on and 9.1 is DST off. So if the have the same 9.0 Software (without some modes) running on the T2 green Classic than it has DST on.

Mo matter if the T2 Classic has DST on or off, it is very stable and goes deep in my mineralised soil.

Andy

If I was looking for a new machine, this would be what I would get for this price range. It would be an easy decision.

I would say the more a detector cost the bigger profit to be made..So i would say yes

Thanks Andy,

I am considering it. But I have a very nice F75 LTD w/DST that I absolutely love to hunt with and don't get to use it as much as I'd like to now. The T2 Classic would just keep me away from it that much more.

But you know how the itch much be scratched :)

HH
Mike

Hello, here's the answer from FTP customer support:

Question:
What are the differences between the old green T2 and the new green T2?

Answer:
The T2 classics are the original unit with the original firmware, the EMI protection has been improved and would be the only difference from the original green T2 and the green T2 being sold now.

The newer T2LTD units have:

Boost Mode
Cache Mode
DST
LCD Serialization
4 Fe adjustable audio tones

Thank You,
Juan A. Trivizo
Bounty Hunter/Teknetics Customer service
First Texas Products
(915)633-8354 Ext:112
www.detecting.com www.tekneticst2.com

FindsBuddy

Andy said:
Hello Mike,

I don't have the "old green T2" anymore but I did not like it for the same reason you didn't like it. I think I had every version of the T2 green, black SE, LTD, DST......

Trust me, this green one is the most stable one from all T2 I ever had. Mike, at the price of $500 you just have to give it a shot. Trust me.

Andy

That was the conclusion I came to after researching the Classic and all models of the T2, it seemed well enough to take a chance at the current pricing. The T2 is one of the only Teknetics machines I have yet to use. I tried 2 versions of Omega's but just never did care for its "sparky nature".