Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Antique/Vintage Bottles

Noah Huebner

I found this green hand blown bottle outside while feeding our turkeys. Can someone tell my how old it is, and how much it is worth? I also found this brown medicine bottle with a cork and some liquid still in it within a swamp. What about these Dr.King's new life pills?
IMG_20200813_215703.jpg
IMG_20200813_215259.jpgIMG_20200813_215900.jpg

Look under the green bottle, does it have a pontil scar ? Is it a push up blown in mold ? Does the brown bottle have any type of RX mark on it ? A lot of those brown bottles with measure increments contained chemicals. Also Lysol came in a similar bottle. A lot of medicine bottles with the measure increments were clear . Check the neck of your bottles, does the seam go all the way to the top ? I suspect the seam on the Dr. Kings bottle does not go all the way up. When the seam continues all the way up the bottle was made in an automatic bottle making machine. Other wise the older bottles are blown in mold type. BIM (blown in mold) ABM (automatic bottle machine) .. Open pontil , or pontil scarred (hand blown) ABM (newer) 1910's - present. BIM (older) 1870's -early 1900's . Pontil (oldest) 1860's and back. These figures are from memory to give you a general idea. Hope it helps. Also bottle prices fluctuate . If someone needs a certain bottle for their collection , they may be willing to pay a higher price to get it. Unfortunately the internet has flooded the market with 1000's of bottles . It is a great hobby , Bottle collecting and trading.