Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any 75 users in red dirt area's

You mean red hot dirt to the point of turning ORANGE don't you in Culpepper ? :)
Maybe some of these guys that made the DIV hunt will interject with some good info here about how or it handles that nasty ground.
In all fairness though, the one's that did hunt there only had the F75 for a very short time before the hunt.

Mike

& unlike most ID units in that orange oxide clay, the ID was accurate for the most part. It did chatter some, but nothing unusual...it was very workable & did well on all metal. Like Mike said, I had a prototype at the DIV hunt, and it didn't have the JE mode on it. That could have been killer there, but not sure.....
I also used that nice disc iron setting...disc 6, 1 tone, DE mode to pull this cool Shenkle fuse a foot down out of the nails of a period homesite that tons of units had been over for years. It was a very accurate high 70's "lock" readout & probably my best find as I was walking to the car to leave on the 3rd day....
In hindsite, I should have stayed in the iron with the F75 all 3 days. There was for sure some foot deep plates & some buttons mixed in there too the F75 would have nailed....
I'd be curious to know how well the JE mode does in that clay. Maybe tex or Buckeye Brad know??
HH,
Bill