Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Beach Hunters Out There Having Any Luck?:detecting:

:ausflag:
PtD_3_2800a.jpg

Ivan2...

I saw a picture once in an art gallery that looked very similar to the one above ... And it was titled.....

'Buck City' .....

Not sure...but maybe it was some kind of joke ?
It does look like nice water and all...

Cheers,

Tye

Luck is what one make of it..........when residing in the tropics, there is a lot of luck to make use of.

PtD-2_35_2800.jpg

PB237508a.jpg

ivanll
:ausflag:

wow John !

I like your pictures....high production value for sure!

That strange looking beach cloudy foggy thing going on....
Reminds me of several 'post appocalytic nightmare'
Flix I've seen....very!!! cool picture of the boys in the drink there John...
You should without a moments doubt get that blown up to at least a 24X36 and Framed!!!

What a nice surprise to see it...Thank You...

Cheers,

Tye

I finally got my unit in at 9pm this evening and I was so excited that I got it in and I couldn't wait so I throw on some shorts and got down to the beach and did some dry sand hunting for about a half an hour. The unit is really sensitive and was picking up all kinds of tiny targets. I only got one nickel and s penny but the nickel was really deep! I got two really small earrings that came in loud and clear. I was able to test the iron check and it grunted on the only two peaces of iron that I swung over... I also was able to play with the non motion mode but it drove me nuts and I am familiar with the infinium and the seahunter mark II but it was just really noisy even after returning, maybe I need to turn down the sensativity a little next time...

I am going to dunk it in the water tomorrow and I will report back... I know that this unit is more sensative than the infinium in the dry sand and I cant wait to see what it can do in water.

h.m.scoop said:
I finally got my unit in at 9pm this evening and I was so excited that I got it in and I couldn't wait so I throw on some shorts and got down to the beach and did some dry sand hunting for about a half an hour. The unit is really sensitive and was picking up all kinds of tiny targets. I only got one nickel and s penny but the nickel was really deep! I got two really small earrings that came in loud and clear. I was able to test the iron check and it grunted on the only two peaces of iron that I swung over... I also was able to play with the non motion mode but it drove me nuts and I am familiar with the infinium and the seahunter mark II but it was just really noisy even after returning, maybe I need to turn down the sensativity a little next time...

I am going to dunk it in the water tomorrow and I will report back... I know that this unit is more sensative than the infinium in the dry sand and I cant wait to see what it can do in water.

Any chance you can do a buried nickel test at the beach with the ATX?
I'd love to know what sort of depth is realistic. An honest appraisal would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony.

John...

What is that strange object in the sky half way in between the two guys in front (middle and left) ?

When I enlarge it on my iPad .... It looks like a several pictures of UFOs that I have seen ?

The more I look at your picture ... The ....

Cheers,

Tye

Those are nice pictures...but the most beautiful is the one of the ATX!
It looks so,....so SPACE AGE! It's beautiful. I wouldn't hang it on my
wall...but its really the best looking machine I have ever seen! And it's
not just a pretty face! From the Videos I have seen it is one heck of
a machine in the field.

GOOD FOR GARRETT!
Robt2300

This is a crop of John's photo showing a very odd object in the sky just above the guys,... ??

Anybody got any ideas...?

Cheers,

Tye

I finally got a chance to get in the water with the unit... stayed about ankle deep to about waist deep at a beach that gets hunted by atleast 10 hunters a day so I figured that this beach would be perfect to to run the ATX. I have run my infinium at this beach many times but I only find fresh drops and not much old stuff, if im lucky then i will find 10 targets in a 3 hour hunt. I hunted for about an hour and managed to pull up a silver bracelet that was tarnish so I know that the other hunter just couldn't pick it up.

I can't mention the brand, as it might start a detector brand war. :rofl:Actually, that photo was taken by a great fellow, "Pirate Frank" from the US, who several years back used to come to Alberta Canada to hunt with us at one of our popular lakes about 1 1/2 hours from Edmonton. He was a very special guy, in that he had a very bad back, couldn't work, yet in a pair of chest waders on and a water detector in his hands, he would turn into a "HULK" and hunt like crazy. After his hunts, he would always get a hand full of pocket change and throw it out in the water for a blessing to the next hunters.

The subject of this thread is what I'm interested in. I'm wondering if this would make a good main detector for the salt water beaches. I currently use a multifrequency (I like it a lot), and just picked up a pulse unit. Only been able to use the pulse once so far, gotta learn it. The ATX would have to be a monster compared to the others, for me to justify that entry price. But if it is that monster, then I'm gonna want one. Artie

Finally had chance to get to the coast today with the ATX. I'll preface this by saying my usual beach machine is the Sea Hunter MKII which I love using. First off the ATX was very easy to ground balance to the wet sand, where I spend most of my time. It ran flawlessly even in and out of the surf, very smooth transition, quiet and stable. My sensitivity was at 10 and threshold barely audible. Unlike the Sea Hunter the hi-lo, lo-hi tones were very helpful, plus it was very easy to tell the shallow from the deep targets, as well as small from large. I guess what I'm saying is there is a great amount of information from the machines sounds. As far as depth goes even with the sens. Only at 10 this machine really punches into the sand. I had no problem retrieving coins well past the 10" mark with great signals. I was able to find one ring (a junker) and what looked like a broken hoop earring. I found quite a few coins at impressive depths and the usual other odds and ends. We detected about 4 and a half hours with very little arm fatigue and I wasn't using the sling. The ATX seems to be balanced nicely. All in all it was a great first outing at the beach. Can't wait to get back out there.
HH Butch NY