Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Beach Hunters use a PInpointer?

Popsgoatee

Just curious and if so which one. I used to use a Whites Bullseye but mounted a Sun-Ray on my MXT and I don't have it anymore. But now hunting with the Wader and the PI I have had a few times I can't for the life of me find the target that my machine says is there. I don't want to miss the small finds so I was looking at the Garret Propointer, don't like the loudness but I'm sure I can modify that since I just like the vibration mode as to not bother those around me as I hunt.

Thanks! :detecting:

Thats something I don't use on the beach or water. If it's a small target I just kick the sand & use the back of the coil. It might take a little while but your'll find it.

When beach hunting or prospecting the combination of a Uni-Probe and Infinium LS is outstanding.

When using the Uni-Probe as a detector with a coil, then I carry the Garrett Pro-Pointer.

A pin-pointer is always handy especially for smaller than coin size items, I prefer beach hunting at low tide and since some of the best low tides is at night or like 2 am in the morning then the pin-pointer become very handy.

Pinpointers_02_800.jpg

If the Garrett Pro-Pointer is to loud a piece of bicycle tube over the speaker will do the trick, also help to keep water out.

ivanll

I use a Vibra probe 580 as it is water proof down to 100ft with auto switch on and off and only vibrates, so you don't have to take your headphones off, I find this a perfect match with the wader as I don't have to worry about water getting in the probe. This will pick up tiny coins jammed in the rocks edge on which I seem to get a lot of.
Before getting the Vibra I could spend 10 mins checking a rock pool which the Wader said there was something there and finding nothing.
Hope this of use.
P.S. Wonder why Detector Pro does not make a probe that is waterproof to go with the Wader.