Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any body use tesoro detectors in South East Kansas

Has or does anybody use a Tesoro detector in Southeast Kansas. Been thinking about trying a Tesoro, really don't know which one to get for the ground around here, Preset or Manual ground balance machine. I think the ground is fairly high minerals. Thanks

The newest Tesoro I have is a Tiger Shark That I bought new in 2001, it has manual ground balance. The oldest Tesoro that I own is the Silver Sabre (circa 1983) it is preset ground balance and it works fine around here. The ground around here is fairly mineralised accordind to the meter of my old DFX. I would think that any of the newer model Tesoros would work in your area.Just my humble opinion.

Randy

Thanks for the info, was wondering how often do you have to ground balance your manual detector, my question really is does the ground change within a few feet and have to reground balance or maybe a few times on the same hunt. I'm thinking if you had to gb every few feet that would be a pain in the butt. But to get the most depth I guess you got to do what you got to do. I know that the ground could be different here, west of Chanute Kansas, but I could get a good ideal what to expect. I was thinking about a Vaquero. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Hey Silver Fox

Where I hunt the ground does not change much. I just toggle into all-metal every so often, do the coil bobing check and it is allways spot on.

I set my ground balance at a neutral setting, meaning the threshold does not waver as I am bobing the coil up and down (8" to 1") from the ground.

My favorite Tesoros are the older ones like the original Bandido, Toltec ll, Inca, and Pantera. The older analog detectors run quieter in the iron rubbish found at

late 1800's farm houses, old camps, picnic grounds....etc. The newest Tesoro that I own is a 2001 Tiger Shark, a buddy of mine has a Vaquero and likes it, and

he uses it in same areas as I do.

Randy

The Vaquero would be a very good choice in my opinion. I have several preset ground balance Tesoros and they work well in my area. However, I also have an Eldorado