Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any chance of silver?

At a house that was built in 1966? I got a chance to hunt it. Was just wondering if it would be worth the trouble. Mostly like to hunt silver. I would be hunting with my Deleon or Compadre. Wheaty.

Well...theres a better chance of you finding silver there if you hunt it than if you dont:rofl: I dont know man..really depends upon a lot of things like what might have been there looong ago, or if any fill dirt was brought in etc...you should for sure find jewelry near the driveway out in the yard...Give it a quick pass just to see for the heck of it and report back!:please:
Mud

keep in mind a 1969 dubble die memorial cent is worth a lot of money , may be junior hid his coins in the yard as well mabe old fill was used in the yard. I would say its worth a shot

In 1966 silver was disappearing from circulation for sure! but there was still tons of it floating around to be lost.

Mark

MOST DEFINATELY there's a chance. Keep in mind that in '66 there were still LOTS of silver coin floating around in circulation and it took many years for the pre 64 stuff to get pulled out. You also should have shallow coins if the ground hasn't been disturbed. It just may be one of the best hunts you stumble onto? You'll never know until you drag that coil over it........jmo

Thanks for the positive replies. I think I will give it at shot.

Man yes, I ALWAYS hunt a spot like that if I have a chance.----Let the land, detector (and finds) tell you if there is silver there or not.---You will get yourself surprised a lot of times!

UPDATE.... hunted the house today for about an hour. This is what I found around the clothes line area. The ring on the left is silver. The one on the right is junk. The penny is a two headed penny 1958. You can see a seam around the edge. The yard seems pretty clean. Easy hunting.

btw-
just wondering-
were you really considering not hunting there? ;-)
I have yet to meet a yard I didn't like!
I look for excuses to hunt, not to not hunt,
as some of my best finds have been when and where I least expect it.
I pulled a nice barber dime sitting on the surface in a part of a park with new fill. Go figure. My favorite 'what the hell is THAT. . ' coin are those 8-9in memorial pennies! Seriously???

Nice job WM

have fun and happy hunting!