Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any comment on the new Beach ID 300?

I'm looking for a machine to detect in salty water (New England beaches) and I would like to know if anyone has used the new Beach ID 300 with the 12" coil? I only know what's written in the field test. How the dual frequencies responsed to salty water conditions? Should I stick with a PI?

Thank

Charles

Go on the beach and water detecting forum and do a search for beachhunter. He just did that mod with the 12 coil. Send him a PM and ask him about it. Rob

I HAVE HAD GREAT RESULTS!! THE SUPER 12 HAS GREAT DEPTH VERY STABLE EASY TO SWING!! I WILL BE HUNTING THE AM LOW ON THE NORTH SHORE OF MASS IN THE AM...

I'm from Montreal, but my wife is in Boston. So once a while I detect on the salty beaches of New England. I have to say that I found this type of beaches a real chalenge if i compared to the fresh water lake up here. I used the SOV on those beaches since my Stingray is not stable. But I hate the noises that this machine constantly make.. kind of "Ying Ying Yang pop..". I'm not sure my Sov is correct anymore and I'm looking to get another machine. I taught first at the Garrett SeaHunter Mark II (the Infinium is too expensive), but when I saw the new Beach Hunter 300.. I kind of like the design.

My main question is: is this machine stable on the New England beaches. It's still a dual VLF frequencies, right? Not a PI? If it's right, it would be a great compomize between a PI and a single frequencie. I could also used it in fresh water which is my main detecting ground..?

Tell me more about how the machine perform. About how stable it is?

Do you have to reduce the sensitivity on salt water beaches since it's a VLF?

is it mainly a Beach Hunter with a large 12" coil? or Whites as bring other update to the machine?

Thank

Charles

Most of the "new" machines you will be seeing are re-configured versions of current models. The DFX 300, MXT 300, and BHID 300 are nothing more than current models with the super 12 (300mm) coil. Minelab has followed suit with the Excalibur II and the new Explorer SE Professional. I think the economy is too weak to invest into manufacturing new models. The White's TDI Pulse will probably be the only "new" thing you will see from them this year.

the beach hunter is a D.F.X made water proof...it's a MULTI-FREQ 3KZ-15KZ...I can run my sensitivty between the"P" and maxed out on most beaches...the super 12 is very stable in salt water...it is very deep!! the beach hunter I have now seems a little more stable and deeper than my first beach hunter both with the 950 coils on them...the switch was also better on the new one..the best way to hunt with the beach hunter is chest mount so you can see the lights....the lights also work in all metal mode so you can only dig the non iron targets!!

Thank Beachhunter. thnak for taking some of your time, your comments are very helpful. I'm really undecided between the Whites beachunter with 12" coil or the Garrett SeaHunter Mark II. This one is a PI with some type of discrimination. Well Well..! Still have to do more research before I buy my new unit.!

Thank again..

Charles

Just wondering if the 12" coil is a lot harder to swing in the surf and currents than the smaller coils and if the lack of iron mask puts the ID at a disadvantage compared to the Excal. The 300 does look intriguing. Thanks.