Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any CZ-5 users?

I still swing my CZ5 since 2001, don't see any reason to upgrade to the new digital detectors. The CZ5 is by all intents and purposes, a multi-frequency machine (dual frequency 5 Khz and 15 Khz), handles regular soil and saltwater not many older machines can do that. It detects all types of coinage; the new SMF (simultaneous Multi-frequency) detectors don't do well on bi-metallic coins ( clads) like the Minelab Vanquish I bought last year, it won't sound off nor ID on our Canadian coinage, thus pretty useless here.
Wow that’s good to know. Didn’t know that. Thanks.

Wow.
How would I get in touch with NASA Tom?
Keep both of these adds: Keith can repair anything if he has the parts and schematics. Tom is tops in telling you how to do things so read all the articles on his site. When I read his "Beneath the mask" article I thought he was a nut, but a dedicated one to go through so much effort. His books are great and can be found used at times on amazon. He will teach you hands on too, but its not cheap, Tylon Brook wrote for Western & Eastern
Treasures for 25+ years and even built vacuum tube VLF units and maybe someone here has his email as I've lost it: he lives in Georgia and probably knows as much as anyone except George Payne, Troy Galloway, and Dave Johnson. You can contact Dave through Fisher and Troy is in Dallas at troy3@airmail.net and his phone is (972)-690-5703, 877-437-4345 (his site has been hijavked and takes to to another place.) Not sure about his phone either but he is the friendliest guy in the world and if not feeding starlings very willing to talk. (Get him to tell you about Charles Garrett crossing the river in a boat to Egypt and being thrown in jail.)