Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Deleon Users

Hi Jeff, How Ya Been Anyway??

Almost bought a DeLeon in July then ended up with a brand X. Wish I'd have bought the DeLeon. Several guys on another Tesoro Forum use Deleons and swear by them, saying depth is as good as the Cortes and the ID is very, very accurate.

Please don't get me wrong, my brand X is a nice detector, but think I might have missed something:shrug: Nobody's fault but my own; I made the decision.

Perhaps not as deep as the Cibola. ID is quite accurate. Takes 8 aa's in contrast to one 9 volt for the Cibola. Performs well.

I do not like the battery holder doors. Do do not seem to close properly and have cheap plastic hinges.

Between the DeLeon and Cibola I prefer the latter.

Hi Jeff,
My main detector for 5 years has been an Explorer XS, but I bought a
Tesoro Vaquero and really liked it because of it's light weight and ability to find small rings and gold items. I then added a DeLeon to my collection of detectors and like it, too. I use the DeLeon in old school yards and parks when coin shooting. The meter is very accurate and I have found coins as deep as 7 inches with it. I prefer the Explorer or the Vaquero when hunting Civil War campsites, but the
DeLeon is a nice detector. It does have a poor lock on the battery compartment and I would recommend that you use electrical tape to secure it. I have owned two Fisher, one Garrett, one Compass, and two Minelabs and I would not feel under gunned with the DeLeon against any of them.
Happy hunting.
Ron