Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Deus users here that use the water proof kit?

This fresh water relic water hunter is curious to know if there are any hunters here that use the Deus with the water proof kit? And if so what components are you using and how configured. Module only? puck only? or both? wired or wireless phones?
My set up is using the module in its water proof bag hanging around my neck, then I have the puck connected to a pair of wireless deteknix. The antenna is the official wire that comes from the kit. I run that up the inside of my straight shaft and I have the end of the antenna connected to the bottom part of the puck with tape holding the wire tight to it. I know I really dont need the module out in the water with me because I have my programs already loaded on to the puck. But it still is nice to make changes that might need to be done that the puck controller wont allow you to do.
Now if I wade out any deeper, my main module in the waterproof bag will be under water and I will lose the signal to the puck on headphones and then I believe I would need to run a secondary jumper antenna running from the bag up to my main antenna that is taped to the puck controller to get communications back. Any of you guys run the Deus like this out in the water or maybe you have some ideas that would better serve me. Thanks, Steve

As popular as the Deus is (was) it seems someone should have had a insight about your question. When I was looking into a salt water machine I looked into the Deus. It just wasn't for me. Ended up getting a Pulse Induction, built like a tank. Be interesting if someone who uses the Deus for wading has an opinion.

I use my Deus strictly in fresh water hunting artifacts. It has every bit of depth that the CZ-21s have and then some, as I hunt with my buddy who has a CZ-21, as we are always comparing signals. Im just curious as to how other Deus water hunters configure their set up with puck only, module only or work with both like myself and I have the wireless detecnix phones. Steve

Also curious about how it works and settings. Just ordered that to hop to some land based for the fall.