Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any difference between the newer AT Pros compared to older?

Treasurechic

I just inherited my Mom's AT Pro. She barely used it and it looks like new. It is from the first generation I assume as she's had it for many years and it has the foam grip. I was wondering if any enhancements have been made as far as performance or is an AT Pro still just an AT Pro. Looking forward to using it for cellar holes with the 5x8 coil.

I know early on the AT Pro had leak issues which Garrett quickly corrected. Other then that, I am not aware of any internal enhancements. Its a dynamite machine with the 5x8 coil and found my first two seated dimes and two 3 cent silver coins with this combination. Good luck to you in your NH cellar holes!!

Best of Luck to you with your AT Pro. If you wanted to know more about your particular model, maybe you could send the serial no. Into Garrett and they could give you more info. as when it was made, etc. Enjoy and find some cool stuff.

Best of Luck to you with your AT Pro. If you wanted to know more about your particular model, maybe you could send the serial no. Into Garrett and they could give you more info. as when it was made, etc. Enjoy and find some cool stuff.
That's a great idea, thanks I think I will do that.

I know early on the AT Pro had leak issues which Garrett quickly corrected. Other then that, I am not aware of any internal enhancements. Its a dynamite machine with the 5x8 coil and found my first two seated dimes and two 3 cent silver coins with this combination. Good luck to you in your NH cellar holes!!
picked up a 5x8 coil love the size of it

I'm on my 3rd one starting with the run made right after the initial run problems and they all seemed to perform the same to me. Seems like I recall there were some coil problems with the early batch, but am not sure about leakage. Pretty darn good detector for the $, regardless. HH jim tn

I have one a year old with the rubber grip which I like because it don't hold water like a mop. I have also heard that the arm support is a tad longer on the newer ones.