Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any experiences with the AT pro/gold and Etrac?

John (Ma)

Anyone have or had the AT pro or gold and can compare to the etrac? Is the etrac really going to be worth that much more? I have been contiplating each machine. I had an etrac in the past and was not ready for it and I know it loves silver. I have been eyeballing the AT series as well and was looking for some honest experiences on wether the Etrac is worth all the extra cash. Thanks

John (Ma) said:
Anyone have or had the AT pro or gold and can compare to the etrac? Is the etrac really going to be worth that much more? I have been contiplating each machine. I had an etrac in the past and was not ready for it and I know it loves silver. I have been eyeballing the AT series as well and was looking for some honest experiences on wether the Etrac is worth all the extra cash. Thanks

For deep Silver it is.......At's will find stuff....but E-trac's will find much more!!!

I use both and have for some time now. Both can find deep coins but the E-Trac does the better job of correctly identifying deep silver and copper. The AT Pro blows the E-Trac away when it comes to finding gold. That is why I have them both. I use the E-Trac/CTX 3030 when I go to our city park where the coins are extremely deep with lots of trash, and I use my AT Pro for tot lots and everywhere else.

I also have both. Love the at pro but the etrac goes deeper. I use them both a lot. Love that the at pro is waterproof

I have a Pro and my buddy has an Etrac...I would concur with all posts above, Southwinds being the best descriptor of what me and my buddy have experienced in real world hunting to date...
Mud

OK here's my 2 cents on this post,
i have both etrac and atpro now with that said
my experience has been both are great machines, I'm not very good on my etrac, but here's how i use both machines in a trashy area
i use at pro first to clean out top 6-10 inches of stuff then i go back over same area to listen for the really deep old stuff.
i use the 5x8 coil on atpro and the stock coil on the etrac,
still learning the etrac, its not like my Excalibur 2, hopefully this summer ill do more with etrac..
so just my 2 cents worth
hh
john

If you hunt any salt water beaches the etrac is the better one to use there and Ive also found the etrac does great on smaller gold if you run higher sens settings, suprisingly close to the at gold. I use em both also.

If you want quicker target processing in trash and iron the AT'S work exceptionally well.

I don't have AT Pro but I know its good machine. I use E-Trac and love it! Both AT Pro and E-Trac will tell you that something is below the ground but you have to digging all when you use AT Pro! I can tell junk metal, pull tabs, coins and Nickels on my E-Trac!